Submini tube aNd amp

Started by paisley_tele, June 02, 2011, 03:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paisley_tele

I want to build a small 12v amp. I need it to stay clean no distortion. A little grit is ok
But prefer clean. Are there some submini tube that sound like 6L6s.
I'm only look for maybe 5 watts of a 12volt power source

EATyourGuitar

talk to Rick Holt of frequency central in the UK. he is one of the sub mini pimps. also hall amplification and effectrode but they are mainly for profit. Rick might just post up a schematic.
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF

iccaros

Quote from: paisley_tele on June 02, 2011, 03:03:19 AM
I want to build a small 12v amp. I need it to stay clean no distortion. A little grit is ok
But prefer clean. Are there some submini tube that sound like 6L6s.
I'm only look for maybe 5 watts of a 12volt power source

are you wanting 5 watts of output power?

paisley_tele

Ya in the ball park. It don't have to be 5 but it needs to run on 12v so whatever that will allow.

iccaros

Quote from: paisley_tele on June 02, 2011, 05:18:05 AM
Ya in the ball park. It don't have to be 5 but it needs to run on 12v so whatever that will allow.

Please do not take offence.. but first
5 watts is loud, I mean, it is only slightly less loud by about half than a 100 watt amp.  say 12 db difference, into like efficiency speaker. and to get 5 watts from 12volts is a draw of 2.4 amps if your have perfect efficiency.  Just giving you this so you know what you are asking for.

Rick AKA Frequency Central, and Zambo have been working on this and have designs on the board already.

If you look in the schematics section Rick has already placed his submin amps there, I think the most he got out of them was 2 watts. (could be wrong)
and that is boosting 12 volts to 200 using his SMPS.
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=71381.0

or Zambos
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=91500.0 
Page two has the schematic

good Luck

paisley_tele

Ok thank you for the insite