How I build my pedals (Video)

Started by zencafe, June 07, 2011, 01:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zencafe

Hey guys! Just wanted to share with you a video we shot for my company showing how we build pedals!
This is a Microtubes B3K, a CMOS based overdrive!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmpXUaJvNm0

Thought you folks may dig it!

Regards

Doug.
Long Life to Cmos

EATyourGuitar

great video and good looking pedal too. do you order your stickers or do you make them. and do you hole punch them or cut them with a press die or cnc die cut
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF

tiges_ tendres

Quote from: EATyourGuitar on June 07, 2011, 01:57:17 PM
great video and good looking pedal too. do you order your stickers or do you make them. and do you hole punch them or cut them with a press die or cnc die cut

I dont think that's a sticker.  It looks like a sheet of plastic to me.  Am I right?
Try a little tenderness.

zencafe

Noup! hehe, is a custom made, silk screened, anodized aluminum plate ;).

Cheers and thanks for watching and commenting!
Long Life to Cmos

rockhorst

Cool vid! Somebody asked me the other day how long it takes to make a handwired pedal. I told them that it should be possible within 2 hours, IF I didn't make any of my usual mistakes. This confirms that it can be done :icon_mrgreen: now just do it...

Somehow, it takes a little bit of the magic of the very neat finished box...demystify I guess is the word. On the other hand, it's quite reassuring that such quality can still be delivered through hand work. Do you always work one pedal at a time, or do you 'parallel' builds as well?
Nucleon FX - PCBs at the core of tone

zencafe

Thanks for commenting! For sure it can be done, even in less, the B3K has over 70 components, which is  way more than your average YATS for example.
I usually work in batches, I did one for that video just to show the process. But I usually work in series of 20 or more at the time :).

Cheers!

Doug.
Long Life to Cmos

CodeMonk

Very entertaining.
Wish my work bench was as neat as that one.

I really need to clean up that whole room one of these days.