An ongoing list of pedals and their fonts.

Started by skiraly017, June 16, 2011, 07:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skiraly017

Another thread got me thinking something like this should be centralized in one post and (maybe) stickied. Here's what I've got so far (thanks to various forum members).

MXR "script logo" - Palace Script MT
MXR "block logo" - Eurostile
EH Big Muff - Medusa
EH Big Muff (Russian and NYC) - Pioneer BT
EH Big Muff Controls - Devinne Swash
EH Logo - Sidhe Noble
Fuzz Face - Stacatto 222
Fuzz Face Controls - Microgramma Bold Extended
Fender - Brush Script Standard Medium
Boss - BN Year 2000 and/or Automatica
MI Audio Blues Pro - Magneto

If anyone has info on the following that would be great.

Dan Armstrong - I had this one but cannot recall the name if anyone can help.
Univibe - A work-a-like would be great.

Please feel free to add to this thread and hopefully it will make searching a little easier.  :icon_lol:
"Why do things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?" - Homer Simpson

CynicalMan

MXR Block Logo: Eurostile (I don't remember which one)

derevaun

The Dan Armstrong type for the names of the effects units is pretty close to what would be a heavier weight of Data 70. The Dan Armstrong log is harder to pin down, and it may be substantially custom-drawn. Tomato gets close to the style, IMHO, and it has enough alternate letterforms to make a convincing tribute.

I think the Boss logo is closer to Steelworks, with some "stencil" lines cut out of it. This is another that was probably developed from existing typefaces (many of which are lost in time), but altered with some aspect of other fonts in mind, etc. Same with the Fender logo: you'd need to make the ends of the strokes a little squarer/chunkier that Brush Script to get it exactly right, and it's harder when you're using different words.

joegagan

moved
my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

Keppy

Mistral is also a great font for the Fuzz Face logo.
"Electrons go where I tell them to go." - wavley

chi_boy

Try this for the Uni-Vibe:

http://freepages.history.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~jmohney/brush_script_font.htm

This was originally sugested by jkokura.  I thought it looked pretty good.
"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people." — Admiral Hyman G. Rickover - 1900-1986

The Leftover PCB Page

Keppy

"Electrons go where I tell them to go." - wavley