Small stone repair

Started by chamberpain, June 17, 2011, 10:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chamberpain

I have a USA small stone (9v vs ac) that has recently been acting up. The LFO is present at the output as well as the input. The guitar signal is not present either. This only occurs if the color switch is in the up position which makes me think the switch may be the culprit. I checked for dc across the jacks as well and there is .002v on the output. So I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it either.

Any one have any thoughts, ideas, or previous experience with this kind of problem.

R.G.

First guess would be busted switch or broken/shorting wire. If it did not do this before, and started doing it all on its own, with no tinkering, repairs, or modding, then the switch or a wire is almost certainly your problem.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

chamberpain

I did have to replace the footswitch a few months ago, but it worked fine until recently. Gut instinct says switch... may be a good time to see about modding it.   lol.

as a side note, RG you have been around here forever and are a wealth of knowledge.  Thanks for all the help you have provided to so many of us.