|HOME| |DIY FAQ| |GEO FAQ| |Debugging Page| |Links| |Schematics| |Wiki| |Layouts Gallery| |STORE|
|AMPAGE| |GEOFEX| |AMZ|

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 22, 2014, 11:45:46 PM
960300 Posts in 102679 Topics by 32376 Members
Latest Member: DeathMeister
Home Help Login Register
DIYstompboxes.com  |  DIY Stompboxes  |  Digital & DSP  |  EHX Stereo Memory Man Hazarai preset footswitch? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: EHX Stereo Memory Man Hazarai preset footswitch?  (Read 5753 times)
DWBH

André

EHX Stereo Memory Man Hazarai preset footswitch?
« on: July 21, 2011, 03:42:23 PM »

I'd like to make an external footswitch to scroll through presets in the Hazarai.
The pedal uses a rotary encoder (2 pin) to scroll through the presets. I imagine there's a decoder somewhere that outputs a CW pulse and a CCW pulse. I've actually traced a bit that's near (physically) to the encoder. There's an IC and three capacitors that I can see (besides two 10k resistors). The marking on the IC is either PFN1 or PFNI.
I can't remove the board, thus I only see one side of the board.

Idle voltages (without rotating the encoder):

Pin 1: -6.17v
Pin 2: 6.35v
Pin 3 : -3.35v
Pin 4: ground
Pin 5: 3V

The encoder and the said chip (U11, caps are C31,32 and 33) are located in the top left corner.

Any hints?
I can't find any information on this IC. I was hoping it was some kind of flipflop. I'm guessing it would make things easier Smiley
MarcoMike

Marco M, Italy

Re: EHX Stereo Memory Man Hazarai preset footswitch?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 12:51:45 PM »

first of all: I don't understand digital things at all.
but my guess is that those 2 encoder pin must connect to something else too. or does it work like that already??

Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible.
cloudscapes

Etienne B

Re: EHX Stereo Memory Man Hazarai preset footswitch?
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 09:27:29 PM »

the side fo the board you can see with the two 10k resistors is probably just the pulldown resistors. encoders tend to need those.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: