My new MIDI-Controlled switcher (looper?)

Started by Galego, July 22, 2011, 03:04:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galego

14 sends/returns, 1 direct in and 1 buffered in (can use only one, connecting to the direct one disables the other), 1 direct out and one volume controlled out (can use only one as well). MIDI controls the program change, the CTL footswitch is used for mute and the expression pedal for volume. The microprocessor is a PIC18F4550.

guitarman89

good job Galego...i should have to build something similar...:)
built: MXR Dist+,dod250-280,dr boogey,IC buffers,cmos drive,multiface,20W SS pwr amps,phase90,tubescreamer,rat,amzMB,wuly mammoth,dod280,zombie chorus
under constur:60W 3886 amp,jcm800 em
www.myspace.com/guitarmanbll
www.myspace.com/filospinatopunk

underpressure990

This is pretty awesome! Definitely looking at a MIDI looper to complete my rig. Any chance on you sharing how you made this and possibly the program?

Either way, very wonderful job and beautiful work! Also, I see your noise reducer... does that mean you are getting alot of noise during the switching? or is that just part of your general rig?

Galego

Quote from: underpressure990 on July 31, 2011, 01:39:39 AM
This is pretty awesome! Definitely looking at a MIDI looper to complete my rig. Any chance on you sharing how you made this and possibly the program?

Either way, very wonderful job and beautiful work! Also, I see your noise reducer... does that mean you are getting alot of noise during the switching? or is that just part of your general rig?

Sure, let me just organize stuff and then i'll post it here.

The noise gate is there because most of the time i play really high gain stuff, it was there way before the looper and I don't get any noise from switching. Since i got all the effects playing at the same volume, i can seamlessly switch between them, feels like i'm using a multi-effects processor instead of pedals/amp.

underpressure990

Awesome! could you also tell me about how much it cost to make and also where you got your rack enclosure?
This thing looks so good. I am really pumped about getting into building MIDI devices.

ocg

THIS IS SO COOL galego
congrats!

im now working in a switcher/looper project..but im a newbie in microcontrollers and the hole digital world.

i'm amazed dude , i really like your job!
...mojo is in your hands....

DLC86

Hi Galego, congratulations for this amazing project, any news on the docs? I think I'll build it (if possible) in a near future ;)

Galego

I haven't posted anything because I made some last minute changes, and never got around to clean up the schematics... Also it's not perfect the volume control could be better, and I haven't fully debugged the code. It's good enough for me, but I don't feel comfortable posting it as it is...

DLC86

Well, I can understand, this requests a lot of time, but maybe somebody could help to solve the problems if you post it :)
Cheers

Fender3D

Quote from: DLC86 on May 23, 2012, 08:11:52 AM
Well, I can understand, this requests a lot of time, but maybe somebody could help to solve the problems if you post it :)
Cheers

lol
maybe if somebody can solve the issue then might as well post his project too
"NOT FLAMMABLE" is not a challenge