WAH pictures- diy , modded & etc.

Started by joegagan, August 05, 2011, 02:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liquitone

Nice ones guero! Your builds always look so professional and tidy.
I happen to have an Onerr aswell, I got it in trade of a JH-1 Wah I modified for someone. It's the Fat Boy II and does have an inductor. It is a design using a LM393M, a few (opamps?)marked KF353, 2 3904 transistors, a C1815 and a bunch of K30A's which are OTA's if I recall correctly.
The inductor is the same sort of torrodial shape as the reissue red fasel I have, the casing seems to be filled with epoxy-resin.

The guy who gave it to me said it had optical switching, but the strange thing is I can't find any parts that would be able to do that, neither does it have a footswitch. ???
the only thing attached to the threadle is a wire tthe pcb's ground.
I haven't tried it out jet so no idea if it sounds thin aswell.

Güero

Quote from: Liquitone on October 23, 2012, 03:45:25 AM
Nice ones guero! Your builds always look so professional and tidy.
I happen to have an Onerr aswell, I got it in trade of a JH-1 Wah I modified for someone. It's the Fat Boy II and does have an inductor. It is a design using a LM393M, a few (opamps?)marked KF353, 2 3904 transistors, a C1815 and a bunch of K30A's which are OTA's if I recall correctly.
The inductor is the same sort of torrodial shape as the reissue red fasel I have, the casing seems to be filled with epoxy-resin.

The guy who gave it to me said it had optical switching, but the strange thing is I can't find any parts that would be able to do that, neither does it have a footswitch. ???
the only thing attached to the threadle is a wire tthe pcb's ground.
I haven't tried it out jet so no idea if it sounds thin aswell.

I never saw a new Onner inside . They are not so popular here in Brazil. We have a lots of Morley , but the winner still the Dunlop Cry Baby.

Some guts of that fat Boy II will be nice :)

I think that you should keep the JH-1 :)
Curing the infection one bullet at a time.

Liquitone

hehe, well what I meant was that I got the Onner (and a normal crybaby) for free from this guy who wanted his JH-1 modded.
I wouldn't dare to ask him for anything more, cause he also gave me a 1971 Fane branded London City which is a copy of the marshall plexi superlead made in Holland, For free!!, cause he really thought I should have it.

I will make photo's along with the parts-values this evening and post it on the general forum.

endorphin

I just did this one about a week ago. A Colorsound Wah rebuild!!! I found a vintage shell, jacks, pot, and treadle. Someone pulled the guts out and bottom plate long ago and made it into a volume pedal.

I used the WOW Wah layout. This thing sounds lovely it is the best sounding wah I've played/made!!!

The layout took some debugging/lots of thinking and cross referencing with original wahs.  ::)
60% of the time it works everytime...

Pyr0

Wow, that looks really cool. great work.  :icon_cool:

Güero

A 20 years old Cry Baby, now it's young again - improved too :)

Güero

Güero

An old Morley Classic turn to Wah + Volume + Distortion ( not Morley Distortion )

Güero

An old Morley inspired by  X-Wing .

haveyouseenhim

Oh my god, that's amazing. Fantastic build!
  • SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

Güero

paulyy

LoL! obi wah kenobi! Great build as all ways Güero.

Güero

joegagan

my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

Güero

Güero

haveyouseenhim

Beautiful.   Are you using ultraviolet leds for the light plate? On paper it seems like they would be best for fluorescing the light plate, but in practice I have found that ultra bright blue leds work better.
  • SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

Güero

Quote from: haveyouseenhim on January 07, 2013, 08:22:17 AM
Beautiful.   Are you using ultraviolet leds for the light plate? On paper it seems like they would be best for fluorescing the light plate, but in practice I have found that ultra bright blue leds work better.

Tks! :)
Sometimes the ultra brite seems to be the best choice. I'm always making a light test..here in Brazil the acrylic quality is the worst you can imagine.

Güero

joegagan

wow, love the charger and this latest 'custom'. beautiful work.
my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.