WAH pictures- diy , modded & etc.

Started by joegagan, August 05, 2011, 02:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke51411

Thanks for the info and suggestions Joe! I'm pretty sure the schematic I used had the correct values that you mentioned.

davent

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

joegagan

Quote from: davent on August 04, 2014, 06:16:00 PM

Fixed- removed the 's' from the addresses 'https'.

thanks very much i keep forgetting to drop the 's'.  now fixed on original post, in before the ' modify' button expired~!
my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

Victor custom

Everyone should own at least one VICTOR CUSTOM device during lifetime!

MisterBlue

Another one point to point wah ,including a selectable output buffer with volume knob if you use it with fuzz effect after wah wah
So here they are some photos...

Focalized

That's totally cool. Tell about the paint?

I now have 9 wahs. Just got three new wahs to work on. I don't know if it's worth more to me selling or being able to gaze upon them Kind of like a horder

I'm troubled with the paint. The green one I posted a bit back chips way too easy. Want to strip it down and use a good primer first. Such a pain with all the angles. Plus I can't find more of the green hammertone paint I used.

MisterBlue

Hi!
The paint method I use based on varnish (for paintings) and Glitter, so easy.
Basically you spray or you suffuse the chassis varnish with a brush and then you spread the Glitter(any colour you like) all over the surface.
Then for the finish you can spray varnish again, so as not to unstuck the Glitter.
I hope to help you

Focalized

Nice. Can you still feel the glitter or is there a super thick clearcoat? It looks smooth.

MisterBlue

Yes , you can feel the glitter it's look like clearcoat,in fact it doesn't stick to your fingers  :icon_cool:

Focalized

Another Perfboard Wah. In a very clean crybaby pedal. Not my the favorite sounding one of my builds but close enough and they're all consistently close in sound.

Halo from smallbear and the excellent Gagan smooth pot. I have one more to use soon.

Basic Q control and 6 cap range. 6 because that's the switch I had. 4 is really all you need at most. Was a bit tricky fitting the perf solder path after I shaped the board with the screws. A few wires hard to stretch over things underneath but it all seems pretty tight and reliable I hope.

I was trying to sand off the raised cry baby logo but it was going to take a bit and probably cut through the raised letters. So it is what it is. I like it.

joegagan

very pretty build.
i esp like the perf, it looks elegant.
did you use the 1 meg reisistors on the switchable sweep caps to prevent popping? last wilson wah i took in as a trade in had a sweep selector that popped like orville redenbacher when switched.

the ancient but reliable GMarts wah page has a usable schem for how to place the 1 megs.
my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

joegagan

ps, i also agree, the front logo plate looks cool like that.

joegagan

Quote from: MisterBlue on August 14, 2014, 07:13:12 AM
Another one point to point wah ,including a selectable output buffer with volume knob if you use it with fuzz effect after wah wah
So here they are some photos...

mister blue, this is a great looking pedal too! i like the glitter. nice wiring job, too.

Focalized

Quote from: joegagan on September 05, 2014, 10:05:39 AM
very pretty build.
i esp like the perf, it looks elegant.
did you use the 1 meg reisistors on the switchable sweep caps to prevent popping? last wilson wah i took in as a trade in had a sweep selector that popped like orville redenbacher when switched.

the ancient but reliable GMarts wah page has a usable schem for how to place the 1 megs.

It doesn't really pop much. I'm restrained to household levels though, the resistor drain sounds like a fine use.

MisterBlue

mister blue, this is a great looking pedal too! i like the glitter. nice wiring job, too.
[/quote]

Thank you dude.Yes it is, It also looks like a little bit psychedelic when the light being fall in its surface

Focalized

No Mojo in this one. Just a simple Vox.

deadastronaut

hi guys..

got a question for ya..

how do you remove a treadle from a crybaby?...how does the 'pin' come out?...

i want to strip it and repaint etc...cheers .

edit:  done.. centre punched it out. 8)

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Focalized

Quote from: deadastronaut on October 03, 2014, 11:14:23 AM
hi guys..

got a question for ya..

how do you remove a treadle from a crybaby?...how does the 'pin' come out?...

i want to strip it and repaint etc...cheers .

edit:  done.. centre punched it out. 8)

Good luck getting it back in without chipping the paint.

Also like with one I had, the green one I posted, the pin lost its grip and I had to put it back in from the other side.

deadastronaut

i decided to go with sanding the treadle down to metal, and painting the base..so chipping is ok..

looks pretty cool so far, and made a 4 led light plate for it too..which was a headache to do..

but should be really cool...

also added a dpdt so i can have led on/off...(not true bypass, i like the buffer.. 8)

i alsi ripped off the crybaby tacky logo, and am sticking a dog tag there...
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

vigilante397

Quote from: deadastronaut on October 04, 2014, 08:59:32 AM
i decided to go with sanding the treadle down to metal, and painting the base..so chipping is ok..

looks pretty cool so far, and made a 4 led light plate for it too..which was a headache to do..

but should be really cool...

also added a dpdt so i can have led on/off...(not true bypass, i like the buffer.. 8)

i alsi ripped off the crybaby tacky logo, and am sticking a dog tag there...

Normally I would say "pics or it didn't happen," but you've pretty well proved things happen 8)

Would definitely like to see pics though ;D
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com