THE BEST [topic,design,emulation,mod,etc] in Diystompboxes

Started by mr_deadmaxxx, August 08, 2011, 11:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldschoolanalog

Mystery lounge. No tables, chairs or waiters here. In fact, we're all quite alone.

PRR

• SUPPORTER

John Lyons

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

.Mike

I think I've suggested it before, but I'll do it again... I think it would be great if we had an annual 'best of' kind of awards, people's choice.

No prizes, just bragging rights. Categories like nicest overall build, most creative design, neatest wiring, coolest multi-effect, nicest paint job... whatever, as long as it is positive in nature. It could be lots of fun, might push us to improve our skills, and would be a good pep-rally-community-spirit-booster kind of thing.

It would probably require a new pictures topic every year, which I think is probably a good idea anyway. The current pictures topic is just huge and unwieldy. There's no way to search it, and no easy way to jump to a specific page if you want.

I know R.G. will hate my idea, since 'best of' topics seem to elicit a 'damn kids, get off my lawn!' kind of response. Sorry 'bout that, I really am... heh...!  ;D

Mike
If you're not doing it for yourself, it's not DIY. ;)

My effects site: Just one more build... | My website: America's Debate.

Govmnt_Lacky

Did anyone else have a strange "A-ha... I knew it" moment when they saw that the Tube Boost and Echo Base threads were reviewed 6-7 times more than the Degugging thread?
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

arma61

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on August 11, 2011, 06:51:40 AM
Did anyone else have a strange "A-ha... I knew it" moment when they saw that the Tube Boost and Echo Base threads were reviewed 6-7 times more than the Degugging thread?

may be we're all getting soooo good in building our own stompboxes !!   ;D  ;D

"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

B Tremblay

B Tremblay
runoffgroove.com

MikeH

"Sounds like a Fab Metal to me." -DougH