The Heat Shrink Thread - Uses and Sizes

Started by Strange, August 13, 2011, 02:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strange

I am a big fan of using heat shrink! It is a must have on the bench. I blindly ordered a pile of heat shrink from Small Bear last year and I have finally run out. I tried a search but I could not find any posts that detailed specific sizes for specific uses. I am going to purchase more - probably in bulk - and thought I could pick the forums brain on favourite brand, sizes and uses before I ordered.

I read a post a while back about using heat shrink for 'pot condoms' and it made me wonder if anyone else has similar 'unique' uses beyond the standard strain relief and LED insulation.

So the long of the short is what sizes should I purchase? I usually use 22 solid and 24 prebond wire. I prefer not to order randomly again and only purchases sizes I can use for builds. I generally use them for strain relief on pots (sometimes jacks), LED and resistor insulation, etc. but again, let's hear those unique ideas.

slacker

runmikeyrun

Quote from: slacker on August 13, 2011, 02:06:34 PM
Better that pot condoms, knob socks http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=91107.0

now THAT is a cool idea!  Where do you find striped heat shrink?  I suppose i'll do a google search...
Bassist for Foul Spirits
Head tinkerer at Torch Effects
Instagram: @torcheffects

Dislikes: old women

Strange