Sourcing 9mm pots

Started by spargo, August 24, 2011, 02:26:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spargo

Does anyone have a reliable source for the 9mm pots, WITH washer and nut?  I want the right angle PC mount 9mm pots, but Smallbear does not have the values I need.  I'm looking for C1K.  Steve was nice enough to offer to order what I needed, but the ETA was December...

I've found them on Mouser, but WITHOUT washer and nut, or the non-right angle ones.  Anyone know of another spot?  Alpha part numbers should begin with RD901F-40.

taang

the washer and nut should be something you could easily buy separately. doesn't mouser have them (somewhere)?

spargo

Mouser has unthreaded pots.  OR, of the threaded variety, they only have the straight pin version for $3.50 each, not the right angle ones.

harmonic

spargo

Quote from: harmonic on August 24, 2011, 02:53:41 AM
Is this the one?
http://www.banzaimusic.com/Alpha-9-PC-NUT-1k-REV-log.html

Close.  Those are the ones Mouser carries.  The pins stick straight out, instead of down at a right angle to mount flush on a board. (and they're too short to bend downward)

taang

you may need to make your own 3x2 straight to right angle conversion perfboards, that you could use as an intermittent board between the pot and the main board

darron

You could use a 1KB, but the sweep wouldn't be as nice. I would buy a 10kb or 100kb and use a resistor to change the taper. Read geofex secret life of pots (on my phone now).

Ie a 10kb with 1k2 or so resistor, or 100kb with a 1k resistor.

Maybe someone more experienced could suggest values.
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

Enzo

Allied, Digikey, Newark, tried them?

So you are not looking for the nut and washer so much as you want pots with threaded bushing, as opposed to bushing-less.

spargo

Quote from: Enzo on August 26, 2011, 02:25:34 AM
So you are not looking for the nut and washer so much as you want pots with threaded bushing, as opposed to bushing-less.

Correct, and I am still on the hunt.  Anybody else have more insight into this?