Anyone know of a PNP Fuzz Face negative ground vero layout?

Started by rosscocean, August 27, 2011, 01:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosscocean

Anyone know of a PNP Fuzz Face negative ground vero layout?

cheers
Ross

rosscocean

Yeah they'll be one somewhere on the Internet. I have tried searching but I haven't found one yet. I'll keep trying but if anyone knows of a link or has a layout they would be willing to share, that'd be wonderful

Cheers
Ross

R.G.

You need to be aware that using a PNP fuzz face circuit with reversed power and ground sometimes causes intractable noise and/or oscillation. It may work - or it may not. We regularly have people here asking why their PNP fuzz face with inverted ground oscillates.

The cure is to put it back to positive ground.

R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

rosscocean

Thanks RG

I've been reading some of your other replies about the subject.

This must be far to easy to work but...

Could you wire a PNP face fuzz as normal but flip the power supply socket so the positive goes to negative etc and use it with other neg supply pedals?

Cheers
Ross

Scruffie

I've got an answer for you... i've got a Vero layout with on board pots (PCB mount type) to fit a 1590B that has a MAX1044 on board to convert the power supply.

Interested?

guitarmageddon

Quote from: Scruffie on August 27, 2011, 10:14:05 PM
I've got an answer for you... i've got a Vero layout with on board pots (PCB mount type) to fit a 1590B that has a MAX1044 on board to convert the power supply.

Interested?

I would be! :icon_biggrin:

R.G.

Using a power converter on the board is a great solution!
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

rosscocean

joegagan

using an ultralife 9v with 1200 mah rating is a darn tempting thing too.
my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

Scruffie

Here we go, I wont say it's an easy or the cleanest build/layout but thar be the limitations of packing vero layouts in small spaces.

kaycee

Scruffie

Quote from: kaycee on August 28, 2011, 09:33:54 AM
Whats Q1 doing Scruffie? Buffer?
It's for using a battery, look up R.Gs article on Geofex about using a MAX1044 for bipolar power.

rosscocean

LucifersTrip

Quote from: rosscocean on August 27, 2011, 08:45:17 PM
Yeah they'll be one somewhere on the Internet. I have tried searching but I haven't found one yet. I'll keep trying but if anyone knows of a link or has a layout they would be willing to share, that'd be wonderful

Cheers
Ross

did you actually click on the link I gave above?  here's the first pic:
http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2010/11/fuzz-face-pnp-negative-ground-with.html
always think outside the box

rosscocean

Yeah I did. I was looking for the standard fuzz face circuit but I might try this one. 

kaycee

Quote from: Scruffie on August 28, 2011, 09:35:19 AM
Quote from: kaycee on August 28, 2011, 09:33:54 AM
Whats Q1 doing Scruffie? Buffer?
It's for using a battery, look up R.Gs article on Geofex about using a MAX1044 for bipolar power.

Ah! I see, read it. I might have a go at that, seems like a better idea than the diode on the power line to ground. I use the 7660 for charge pump and polarity swaps - cheers!