Spare Bottom Plates For BOSS and Ibanez Pedals

Started by smallbearelec, September 18, 2011, 11:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smallbearelec

I often get requests for these from people who want to attach Velcro to the spare plate and preserve the original against the time they want to sell the pedal.

Just for grins, I lined up a 125-B bottom plate on a BOSS enclosure...it fits! The only missing link is that the self-tapping screws need to be longer. We have a domestic source for the standard screws, so should be able to get longer ones. My assistant will be looking for those this week. Similar dodge looks to be possible with Ibanez if you remove the battery door and bore a couple of holes in the spare plate. Again, longer screws needed, but I will work on this.

One missing link for BOSS pedal repairs is a replacement for the grommet. Does anyone already know a right part number at McMaster-Carr or similar? I will fish if I need to, but I don't want to re-invent the wheel.

Regards
SD

Earthscum

I know I've tried the circular grommets before (for the thumbscrew on Boss pedals, right?). They work, but they just don't fit right. The best solution I have come up with was a grommet that was just big enough to not distort, and just slid up and down the hole. I considered trying a snap-together nylon one on my KMD (same battery door concept) in the slider style, but I know it will be a lot harder on the thumb screw unless I use a rubber pad inside to limit the travel on stomp.
Give a man Fuzz, and he'll jam for a day... teach a man how to make a Fuzz and he'll never jam again!

http://www.facebook.com/Earthscum