Eagle file for Alpha 1P 12T rotary switch

Started by spargo, September 22, 2011, 02:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spargo

Does anyone have correct Eagle library files for the Alpha 1P 12T PCB mount rotary switches that Smallbear sells?  The one in my guassmarkov library is way too small...the size of a normal pot, but the switches are much larger than that.

A link to the exact datasheet would work as well, but I can't locate that either.

smallbearelec

Quote from: spargo on September 22, 2011, 02:47:43 PM
Does anyone have correct Eagle library files for the Alpha 1P 12T PCB mount rotary switches that Smallbear sells?

I don't have the CAD file, but this may help:

http://www.taiwanalpha.com/english/p_e_145.htm

The exact Alpha number is SR2611F-0112-18R0B-D8-N

Regards
SD

spargo

Ah, a different Alpha!  I was looking on the website with the Alpha pots...

Thanks, Steve.  Much appreciated!

screechingowl

Check the stock eagle libraries. I found several PCB mount rotary switches under the "switch" library. You may have to change the size/location of the holes slightly.

stryker

Quote from: screechingowl on September 25, 2011, 01:05:20 PM
Check the stock eagle libraries. I found several PCB mount rotary switches under the "switch" library. You may have to change the size/location of the holes slightly.
Hi, I have a need for the Alpha 4P 3T variant of that rotary switch in EagleCAD.  Did you find the stock library worked, did you adapt your own EagleCAD part, or was there another way that worked best?

My Alpha rotary switches are on order so can't as yet verify if the footprints are as per the standard parts and would like to get started on the design.

Thanks, Geoff

stryker

Further on this, I may have found something close to the right footprint that can be edited into shape.  I'm not sure if it's a standard or if I've picked it up somewhere along the way though.

C&K's A Series 1-4 pole rotary switches looks promising.  It's in library 'switch' with the device name CK104X03.  The data sheet (PDF) for this, on page K-6 shows the footprint diameter pin-to-pin at 22.2mm versus the Alpha (datasheet PDF) at 22mm.  The 4 common pins are 7.7mm versus Alpha's 8.  Pin configuration therefore appears very nearly identical.  The difference that might need hacking into shape is the Alpha's through hole pins are 1.1mm wide whereas the C&K has a dainty 1.02 - unsure whether I'll try to edit the component, or just lightly dremel those 16 pins yet but will see once the real deal is in hand.

If anyone's found a nearer match, please do shout out.

Geoff