Ludwig Phase II pot values?

Started by Ry, September 25, 2011, 09:13:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ry

I've finally dug through my parts bins and figured out what I need to order for my Ludwig project with the exception of the panel mount pots.  I've probably missed it somewhere, but what are the values of the following?

Animation Rate
Bypass Balance
FFM Amp
Fuzz Mix
Low Z Bal
Perc/RPT

Thanks!

Ry

digi2t

Check Geofex, they're on the schemo, dated 8/16/11.

Cheers,
Dino
  • SUPPORTER
Dead End FX
http://www.deadendfx.com/

Asian Icemen rise again...
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=903467

"My ears don't distinguish good from great.  It's a blessing, really." EBK

R.G.

Did I miss putting those into the parts list??

Oh, say not so!!   :(
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

Ry

QuoteDid I miss putting those into the parts list??

The values are in the 8/16 revision (with a couple missing that I figured out from the Tech thread).

The values are missing in the 9/04 revision.

All parts are on order and I have boards etched (but not yet drilled).

Progress is slow, but we'll get there!

Ry

Keppy

Pics! Make sure to share when you're done!
"Electrons go where I tell them to go." - wavley

digi2t

Quote from: R.G. on September 25, 2011, 10:23:56 PM
Did I miss putting those into the parts list??

Oh, say not so!!   :(

So  :icon_mrgreen:.

Pots are there, but no values.
  • SUPPORTER
Dead End FX
http://www.deadendfx.com/

Asian Icemen rise again...
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=903467

"My ears don't distinguish good from great.  It's a blessing, really." EBK

R.G.

ARGH.

It's updated now, with pot values, and the suggested spreading of traces for easier toner transfer, as well as better description of what to do with the box drilling guide.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

Ry

Excellent, thank you!

I'll continue to report progress as it's made.

pinkjimiphoton

can't wait to hear it ry!!

rg...sh*t happens!!   :icon_mrgreen:

you get it right enough most of the time, so this doesn't count!! ;)
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

Ry

Progress!  I got the boards drilled after wearing through a small dremel bit. I buzzed out the board, there were a lot of bridged traces. I hope I found them all, having spent a couple hours on it I can't find any more visually or using a meter. 

I tried to test fit the board mounted switches. They aren't going to work for me.  Maybe its my lack of ability drilling, but it seems like the pads for the switches are too close to adjacent traces. I'm going to have to wire them up rather than board mounting them. I need to test fit them in the enclosure to see how it's going to fit with the two boards somehow on top of each other...I'm thinking standoffs between the boards may be required.

Ry

R.G.

Quote from: Ry on October 02, 2011, 07:12:17 PM
I tried to test fit the board mounted switches. They aren't going to work for me.  Maybe its my lack of ability drilling, but it seems like the pads for the switches are too close to adjacent traces. I'm going to have to wire them up rather than board mounting them.
It would be better to scrape off the pads (or most of them, leaving only enough to hold the switch to the PCB), and then wire from switch terminals to the stubs of traces. I mention this because if you don't...
I need to test fit them in the enclosure to see how it's going to fit with the two boards somehow on top of each other...I'm thinking standoffs between the boards may be required.
... you'll have trouble mounting the PCB in the enclosure.
R.G.

Ry

Fair enough.  I've walked away from it for the day.  I'm sure I can file out the holes carefully enough to get the switches in there.  Man, this thing is a beastly build already!  I'm sure all the board work up front will make for easier debugging.

Keppy

If you try to wire the switches off-board, well...

You've been warned. ;)
"Electrons go where I tell them to go." - wavley

R.G.

I like your sense of humor keppy.  :icon_biggrin:

Yeah, the console board in its current form is still a fairly tough build. But to me it's still easier than the over fifty (?) wires Keppy managed to get right. That one photo is what really made me redo the board. I *hate* cutting and stripping wires.  :icon_lol:

Overall, it is still a huge build.

This reminds me that I still need to distill all the debugging and voltage info from the threads down to a bring-up and debug guide.
R.G.