Simple breadboarding circuits

Started by therecordingart, October 14, 2011, 12:05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

therecordingart

When I started building stompboxes I jumped directly in to learning how to etch PCBs before ever sitting down at a breadboard. I skipped the tweaking and learning why a circuit works and went directly into fabrication. Years have gone by and my school work has been showing me that I went about it the wrong away, and I should've spent my time learning how/why things work on a breadboard instead of skipping to the end result. For the past year or so I've been breadboarding everything I can.

Long story short, I want to put together a list of low parts count schematics (maybe a sticky thread) to direct myself and other people to. There are plenty of boosts out there that qualify, but what else? Any specific circuits?

Blue clipper
LPB-1
Sparkle Boost

Tacoboy

I breadboarded my (dual) valvecaster first. Low parts count, yes. Worked like a charm.
Let's have phun!

therecordingart

Quote from: Tacoboy on October 14, 2011, 12:11:05 PM
I breadboarded my (dual) valvecaster first. Low parts count, yes. Worked like a charm.

Definitely a good one.

LucifersTrip

most vintage fuzzes: Fuzz Face, Fuzz Rite, Shin Ei Companion, Maestro FZ-1, Tone Bender, Orpheum, Bosstone, Heathkit Fuzz, Sam Ash Fuzz, Muff Fuzz, etc...also, the mini amps like the Ruby & Smoky...and many more.
always think outside the box

davent

Beavis has a page of breadboard layouts for circuits of varying complexity. Lots to see here.

http://beavisaudio.com/bboard/projects/

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

petemoore

They all get a power supply [the active ones anyway] and require bias of some sort or another, crossing wires and high node counts [how many parts connect to a node] make things a bit more convoluted, other than that it's parts count/node count for small circuits...pretty much tells how many things there are to get right.
   Putting bookmarkers in phasers for every other phase stage by standing up the input 10k made it easier...I keep losing my place in large circuits.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

stringsthings

Quote from: therecordingart on October 14, 2011, 12:05:15 PM

... I want to put together a list of low parts count schematics (maybe a sticky thread) to direct myself and other people to. There are plenty of boosts out there that qualify, but what else? Any specific circuits? ...

Joe Gore has some interesting things going on here:

Tone Fiend Resources

here's a soundclip of project 1,  Bad-Ass Distortion ( a BJT C-E distortion circuit )

Tone Fiend Demo

Quackzed

tim escobedo's excellent 'circuit snippets' page is, for many, THE place to go for small circuits that do BIG things...

a MUST for the breadboard adventurer!

http://www.jiggawoo.eclipse.co.uk/guitarhq/Circuitsnippets/snippets.html
nothing says forever like a solid block of liquid nails!!!

artifus