Tayda Electronics issues?

Started by therecordingart, October 21, 2011, 08:54:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

therecordingart

Has anyone else had issues with Tayda Electronics not getting back to you when there is a problem with your order?

I had a really minor problem with my recent order. A few of the pots were missing the nuts and washers. I sent them an e-mail about it and never got a response. Although the issue is minor, now I have to go out and buy more parts which kinda negates the cost savings buying through them.

This is only my second order with them, and the first was perfect. I feel like a stooge complaining about this, but just wanted other folks experience before I place future orders with them.

vendettav

it's taken me a few days at the max to get a reponse from them but it wasnt about order mistakes and all...
they'll probably get back in touch with you and mail you teh nuts and washers, just give 'em a bit of time and no worries about bitching about washers and all, I've been there and know what you mean!! I also hate when I have to go back to the store I bought my pots to get them to put the washers and nuts on  :icon_evil:  ::)
check my music HERE

Shredtastic psycho metal!

therecordingart

Thank you. I'm sure they'll pull through, but figured I dig around for horror stories. It'd be a shame to be tempted by these bargains only to not receive any support when problems arise.

LucifersTrip

any time there was a problem (and there have been only minor ones), they responded and took care of em within a couple days.

the opposite was true for Futurlec, where they never took care of errors and rarely responded
always think outside the box

armdnrdy

I wish that these suppliers would check for nuts and washers on 16mm pots to alleviate this problem. I have tried to find replacement washers and nuts for those pots in the past. Good luck! They are an odd ball size and thread!
I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

CynicalMan

Tayda has excellent customer service, on par with most the US-based DIY stores in my experience. I've emailed them before, and I've always had replies within 24 hours. You should try their Facebook page in case there's some email problem. https://www.facebook.com/TaydaElectronics?sk=wall&filter=12

aleister

I have been ordering from Tayda for over 3 years now and any order problems were quickly resolved.  In fact in the past year they have got much quicker with orders.
They should square you away especially since it was just a few items.
Good luck.
my bobkat will kill your mustang and maim your jaguar, harmony gits rule!!!

therecordingart

Still no answer. E-mail sent from multiple e-mail addresses. The cost of the missing parts isn't worth a phone call to China.

This really sucks because they lost my business over a few pennies. You pay more with other vendors, but you actually get support.

phector2004

I don't think they're in on weekends... when did you contact them? Friday?

In any case, they're 100x better than Futurlec, but SB kicks major ass with this kind of stuff lol

therecordingart

Wednesday was the first e-mail.

Yep. Small Bear and Mouser win.

Tayda Electronics

Hello;

Thank you very much to you all for your confidence with us. After reading your comments in this forum I feel very good. :)

For " therecordingart " inquiry,

We are very sorry that you didn't receive a washer&nut for potentiometer and we are very sorry that you didn't get reply to your email quickly.

We will send you missing washer&nut ASAP.

Thank you for choosing us.

Best Regards,
Nalinee

Joe Hart

Welcome to the DIYStompboxes Forum, Tayda!
-Joe Hart

Mugshot

had 2 orders from tayda before. excellent service! each item is placed on separate plastic bags. will be ordering more soon :-)
i am what i am, so are you.

Renegadrian

Had a couple of orders with Tayda, once I didn't find the pots I ordered but they shipped them in a separate free shipping after I made them know about the error...That with extreme kindness!
I surely will use again in the future! (best place to get those PT2399!!!)
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

DavenPaget

Quote from: Mugshot on October 23, 2011, 10:19:42 PM
had 2 orders from tayda before. excellent service! each item is placed on separate plastic bags. will be ordering more soon :-)
Didn't know they do that too , i bought from Element14 some oddball parts that i couldn't find from tayda and they gave a huge box plus individual thick plastic bags and some sort of anti-static case  :icon_mrgreen:
Hiatus

DavenPaget

Quote from: Renegadrian on October 26, 2011, 06:48:16 PM
Had a couple of orders with Tayda, once I didn't find the pots I ordered but they shipped them in a separate free shipping after I made them know about the error...That with extreme kindness!
I surely will use again in the future! (best place to get those PT2399!!!)

Even Element14 doesn't stock those anymore   :-X
Tayda is/are the best absolutely .
Only if they stock the 74HCU04 , that would be a good thing , oh and 4069UBE .
Hiatus