SMT ic question (LMC567 strikes again)

Started by petey twofinger, November 02, 2011, 11:31:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petey twofinger

I recently placed an order that got held up for over 2 months because of an out of stock LMC567 . upon finally receiving the parts , to my horror i realized i had missed the fact that the chip in question was of the surface mount variety .  :icon_cry:

at this point i am curious about a SMT to DIP adapter , anyone have luck obtaining these locally , say at a frys or radio shack ? anyone use one before or could recommend a mail order source any info would be much appreciated . i usually get pretty liquored up before i attempt any soldering , and those lil SMT pins may be more than i can handle , after 15 or so icehouse . (jk)

i am guessing the other option i have would be to place an order at Digikey , not familiar with their service though . is there a minimum order , is the shipping cheep and speedy ? is there another option for finding the elusive LMC567 ? i noticed some folks atually recived free samples from national , how bout  walk-thru on that ;D :icon_lol: i am also curious if anyone ever found a cmoss 567 in a phone , or even just a plain jane lm567 .

i am going to try a thing mod , or something with these LMC567's . i did do several searches on this topic today , notice folks mentioning SMT to DIP adapters and Digikey , but i was hoping for more specific info . thanks for understanding , i realize this is a week post , i am just feeling devastated after waiting since pre-september , a half a dozen emails , reading horror stories about this supplier .

i guess when they called it futurelec , they meant you will get the parts , but it will be in "the future" . its funny cause with the time involved you may be receiving obsolete components ! great prices and service other than the wait time , which i was thinking worse case would be a month , DOH .

thanks , petey .

im learning , we'll thats what i keep telling myself

Gurner

Here you go...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-SOIC8-SOIC-8-Adapter-PCB-SMD-Convert-DIP-8-/280547704908?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4151f2404c

...they're very easy to solder.

If you can't wait any longer and have some DIL08 IC holders to hand,, some place/solder SOIC packagages across the top of one of those - it works.

defaced

-Mike