touch killswitch?

Started by Unkn0wn Art1st, November 10, 2011, 03:52:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unkn0wn Art1st

how can i arrange it? the circuit should not be too complicated. this one looks good (except the jfet, it seems to be drawn backwards)

the "?" box has to provide signal grounding, when i touch the plate. what it should be?

PRR

Do you want momentary or alternate-action?

The plan shown only does "whatever" as long as you are touching it.

And it may not work when you are also touching a grounded guitar or cable.
  • SUPPORTER

Unkn0wn Art1st

Momentary, it should mute the guitar only when i am touching it, and do nothing at another time.
Certainly i will also touch the grounded strings, it may be a problem.
Could the classic bypass arrangement (boss) work here? Jfet, diode and 1M resistor wired to the output of that circuit?

Gurner

I would put an fet opto coupler .... something like the H11F1 http://www.digchip.com/datasheets/parts/datasheet/240/H11F1-pdf.php  - you can drive the H11F1's integral led from Q1'S drain (and therefore save some components)  ....just connect its led anode pin to the supply voltage and its cathode via an appropriate sized series resistor  to Q1 draiin

PRR

A small SPST mechancial switch is minimal parts and zero power with no side-effects; does it really need to be a "touch switch" instead of a fine mechanical switch? (Yes, I can see how a mechanical switch such as used in PC mouse or TV remote may not be "fast" enough for rapid muting.)
  • SUPPORTER