Any tonepad CP9 builders?

Started by MikeH, December 04, 2009, 01:17:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeH

A recent post got me looking into this one; and lord knows I could always use another compressor.  One thing though- all of those extra pads connected to the LM13600 that are available for 'experimentation and mods'.  Anyone doen anything with those?  What sorts of things can be done?  I really wouldn't know where to start.
"Sounds like a Fab Metal to me." -DougH

MikeH

"Sounds like a Fab Metal to me." -DougH

caspercody

I would also lik to see if anyone has any ideas on what to do with the extra connections? Just made this last night, have not had much time to experiment with it.

obblitt

BUMP. I asked the same question... has nobody played around with these pads?!

alparent

I think your title is to specific?

Start a thread with this title. "Mod suggestions for a LM13600 based compressor".

After you get LM13600 knowledgeable people in.........then you can narrow it down to how to apply those mods to the CP9.

Just my 2 cents.

mr_deadmaxxx

I never really used those pads. Just left them as they are. There are for the unused half of the LM13600. I remembered LM13600 is a dual type IC.

Fender3D

IMHO
You just have a compressor...
with another OTA available, you might use it to obtain a stereo unit, or you might build an LFO out of it, to drive the first OTA, you'll get a tremolo, but this will hardly couple with a "compressor" pedal... the same with VCFs...

"NOT FLAMMABLE" is not a challenge

frequencycentral

I've an idea that you could use the spare OTA to make some dirt. After all, the OTA could be used as a normal 'fixed' opamp, then you've still got a darlington pair too.....
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

Earthscum

Use an inverted copy of the  envelope signal to drive the second OTA as an expander. Throw an extra in and out, drop a distortion in between, and make some new dynamics.
Give a man Fuzz, and he'll jam for a day... teach a man how to make a Fuzz and he'll never jam again!

http://www.facebook.com/Earthscum