triple/quad valvecaster- anyone done this?

Started by runmikeyrun, December 06, 2011, 12:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runmikeyrun

I'm thinking about it.  I like the simplicity of the circuit itself and the way it sounds.  I'm cascading for gain obviously.  I know I could just build a 12ax7 pedal or something but I don't want to do a nixie supply/HV setup.  I already have a single valvecaster built and a stable 2A regulated power supply. 

I guess I was just wondering if anyone had done it yet, and if there's anything I need to look out for.  When I build it I will be sure to post a report and clips if possible.

Thanks in advance!
Bassist for Foul Spirits
Head tinkerer at Torch Effects
Instagram: @torcheffects

Dislikes: old women

Suicufnoc

I think I saw a Triple Valvecaster in the original thread somewhere.  There may be a video on youtube...  Yep! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOLSZuZ0OS8
Sticks and stones may break your bones, but words can get you shot

runmikeyrun

thanks for the link Brett!  Sounds like it cuts quite a bit of lows.  I'll be using it on bass, but I use a clean blend loop so it's really not a issue.
Bassist for Foul Spirits
Head tinkerer at Torch Effects
Instagram: @torcheffects

Dislikes: old women

Suicufnoc

I don't know the details of how he did his, but you can increase the size of any coupling caps at inputs, outputs, or between stages to let more bass through.  I've certainly heard fatter sounding Valvecasters than that one.  Clean blend does sound like a good idea, though.
Sticks and stones may break your bones, but words can get you shot