My Homemade Multi Effects Pedal

Started by jazzycian, December 06, 2011, 10:51:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diydave

My multifx:

From L to R: fuzz (sili-germ), ocd, buff 'n boost (my own design), rebote delay and small stone chorus.
Bypass is with relays. There's a send and return loop before and after the boost, so I can add pedals in de signal-chain or virtually replace my boost in front the distortions.

gutshot:

stinky

Nice box diydave. I really like the wood/metal combo. A good reason not to buy a bunch of hammond boxes.

diydave

Thx.
It wasn't supposed to look like that in my initial planning.  :D
But I couldn't get nice oval-like shapes for the knobs (like you see in Cornish-Boards). So to disguise the mistakes, I just screwed the aluminum on top. Which turned out rather ok.
Yes, it beats buying hammond boxes for sure.

jan007magic

hey guys, did you experience any noise problems with your builds?

GiovannyS10

Good stuff, seems great! Can you show for us the sound? Record a video? Is a good idea to see the operation of your stuff!  :D

DIYDAVE i like so much your stuff! :)

Quote from: jan007magic on September 09, 2015, 07:24:06 PM
hey guys, did you experience any noise problems with your builds?

Hello jan007magic! I had a problem with noise with a drive i built. Was because i forget to wire a pin for the ground.
That's all, Folks!

"Are you on drugs?"
-ARSE, Duck.

www.instagram.com/allecto

dweilmd

Sorry to bring back an old post !!  Am am new to your site and new to pedal building.  I have built a few pedals and have always wanted to create my own multi effects pedal (like the one pictures in this thread). Unfortunately I am not the most knowledgeable guy when it comes to stuff like this. 
My questions are:

1. Do I just wire the output jack wires from the first pedal to the input jack wires of the second pedal, and so on...??
2. How best wire all the pedal to a single 9v adapter ??

I can solder pretty well and so far I have been happy with the pedals I have made, but it was really just following directions that came in a  kit.  This may be above my limited skill level but I really want to try it.

Thanks

amptramp

Quote from: dweilmd on September 18, 2016, 02:12:28 PM
My questions are:

1. Do I just wire the output jack wires from the first pedal to the input jack wires of the second pedal, and so on...??
2. How best wire all the pedal to a single 9v adapter ??

If you are satisfied with the order of the effects, then you can wire them together, but most people may want to change the order of effects or cut some of them out for certain songs.  The most generalized approach is to keep all inputs and outputs separate and use cables to connect what you want.  Another possibility is to use a rotary switch to select between outputs so you don't need cables - use one switch on each effect to select which output it is connected to.

dweilmd

Thanks.
I'm happy with the order of the effects -- i have been using them chained together for about 5 months.  I want to put them in one enclosure partly for ease of transport/setting up and partly because I am bored and think it would be fun to do (I have a nice sized enclosure that I want to hand paint, etc).  The rotary switch sounds interesting  but maybe a bit cumbersome.