High pass filter at the end of Big Muff circut?

Started by stonerbox, December 08, 2011, 06:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Lyons

That's it Paul.  :icon_wink:
Good catch on the 10k (ish) to limit the filtering as not to kill the signal,
Forgot that one.
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

stonerbox

There is nothing more to be said or to be done tonight, so hand me over my violin and let us try to forget for half an hour the miserable weather and the still more miserable ways of our fellowmen. - Holmes

stonerbox

Ok, modders / builders out there! Here we have "her" my fist build/mod ever.. A heavily and heavenly modded Big Muff Pi Nyc (2007)

THE SUPER BIG FUZZ!

One can get a lot of different sounds from this crazy bastard, but here goes a short list of the types of fuzz available:

1. From gentel to harsh Nintendo-squarewave-ish

2."Boosted" more fuzzier big muff sound (pretty much like the Queens of the Stone Age first album fuzz)

3. Super creamy, "singing", smooth and thick fuzz

4. A Unicord Superfuzz style of sound, does not sound as good as the original, but pretty close

5. At last the basic Big muff sound, with and without the cursed tone stack (switchable).

I also added a standard big muff noise gate and a low-pass and high-pass filter at the end of the circuit. Finally added an feedback loop as a gag. :icon_mrgreen:
There is nothing more to be said or to be done tonight, so hand me over my violin and let us try to forget for half an hour the miserable weather and the still more miserable ways of our fellowmen. - Holmes

frank_p

stonerbox

Thank you Frank!

She is not exactly a beauty but she got charm and a nice voice, I'll give her that much!