Spring for Ibanez pedal switch

Started by yeeshkul, December 09, 2011, 06:35:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yeeshkul

Guys i have lost the spring from an Ibanez phaser - the one that pushes against your foot when you step on the switch. Any idea where to find a replacement part?
Thank you.

petemoore

not really, look for something similar, perhaps a brake drum spring...stretched and cut might fit and be close to the right springiness.
  Hardware store...not to say it doesn't exist outside somewhere...finding the dern thing and then finding someone willing to send it to you..might be easier to find a hack-spring that'll do the trick.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

zombiwoof

How about contacting the manufacturer (Ibanez)?.
Al

smallbearelec

Quote from: zombiwoof on December 10, 2011, 03:52:05 PM
How about contacting the manufacturer (Ibanez)?.

The phone number for Hoshino USA (Ibanez) is 800-669-8262. Then ask for Customer Service. By past experience, if they have what you want, they will charge you a ridiculous price for a ten-cent part, and then a high s & h. I have had similar experience with Roland/BOSS.

I have attempted several times to find someone in the management of these companies who could/would sell me common spare parts at a reasonable wholesale, without success. It's almost as though they prefer to do the minimum necessary to satisfy whatever laws they have to about making spares available, without actually encouraging customers to keep existing pedals operating.

If someone finds a suitable relacement through McMaster-Carr, let me know and I will order a bunch for that section of the Stock List where I keep other work-alike BOSS and Ibanez stuff.

SD