Peavey Ampkit adapter Reverse engineer

Started by Govmnt_Lacky, December 29, 2011, 08:57:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Govmnt_Lacky

Since there is already a thread on the iRig build I figured I would start this one to see if anyone has taken a look at the AmpKit adapter. I have read that the AmpKit is superior in sound quality and the program is better than Amplitude.

So, has anyone been brave enough to take pics of the inside of the adapter yet?  ;D
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

therecordingart

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on December 29, 2011, 08:57:04 AM
Since there is already a thread on the iRig build I figured I would start this one to see if anyone has taken a look at the AmpKit adapter. I have read that the AmpKit is superior in sound quality and the program is better than Amplitude.

So, has anyone been brave enough to take pics of the inside of the adapter yet?  ;D

I can gut mine. Both Amplitube and Ampkit sound pretty terrible regardless. I was really hoping my iPhone or iPad would become a POD replacement, but it's definitely not up to snuff.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: therecordingart on December 29, 2011, 09:36:42 AM
I can gut mine. Both Amplitube and Ampkit sound pretty terrible regardless. I was really hoping my iPhone or iPad would become a POD replacement, but it's definitely not up to snuff.

Sorry to hear that.  :icon_frown:

I am really just looking to use this at home while the kiddies are asleep. I have heard that the Ampkit is superior to the iRig as it eliminates a lot of buzzing at higher gain settings.

If you could shoot out some pics, I don't mind doing the work.  ;D It is sure to be the smallest of SMD components and will take a bit of time but if its worth the effort... its worth the time.

Appreciate any help you can give  ;)
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America

DavenPaget

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on December 29, 2011, 10:01:28 AM
Quote from: therecordingart on December 29, 2011, 09:36:42 AM

Sorry to hear that.  :icon_frown:

I am really just looking to use this at home while the kiddies are asleep. I have heard that the Ampkit is superior to the iRig as it eliminates a lot of buzzing at higher gain settings.

If you could shoot out some pics, I don't mind doing the work.  ;D It is sure to be the smallest of SMD components and will take a bit of time but if its worth the effort... its worth the time.

Appreciate any help you can give  ;)
I bet it won't even be a 9 part thing .
Hiatus

therecordingart

Gut shots sent. Please let us know how the reverse engineering goes.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: therecordingart on December 29, 2011, 12:13:16 PM
Gut shots sent. Please let us know how the reverse engineering goes.

Replied to shots!

You got mail  :P

Somicide

Necromancy engaged!

So, did anything come from this?  I'd love to see the results of the reverse engineering.
Peace 'n Love

mikiwate

Quote from: Somicide on July 08, 2012, 08:58:13 PM
Necromancy engaged!

So, did anything come from this?  I'd love to see the results of the reverse engineering.

any update on this?

Govmnt_Lacky

Sorry guys....

Bottom line is that its cheaper to buy than to build!  :-\

phaseman

Hi, I'm interested in gut shots of Ampkit link, too. Can you send the pictures to me at markogm@gmail.com?

Regards,
Marko

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: phaseman on March 26, 2015, 10:35:38 AM
Hi, I'm interested in gut shots of Ampkit link, too. Can you send the pictures to me at markogm@gmail.com?

Regards,
Marko

Hello Marko...

I did the research and it is definitely cheaper to purchase the adapter than it is to build. Unless you believe you could build it in less time than it takes to order it online  ;D

phaseman

@Govmnt_Lacky:
Hi, I do believe that you're right about what's cheaper. The thing is, I cannot purchase/order the ampkit link at the usuall price because the vat and customs (in Serbia) are pretty huge.
So, if I was to order let's say ampkit link II and something else for a total 35$ (free shipping from amazon), I'd pay at least another 35$-50$ just to get it from the customs.....

Anyway, I did build diy iRIG (found a sch on the forum), it works just fine. I compared it to cherub GB2I, they pretty much the same. They have the same amount of noise issue...
That's why I am interested in another solution (ampkit is acive, 3V if I'm not mistaking...)

If it is not too hard, please send  me the pics, tnx  ;)