"Promising" "Distortion" pedal with "Stutter" effect .

Started by DavenPaget, December 29, 2011, 09:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavenPaget

Found this from instructables.com . Not sure where it came from originally but well .

Obviously someone isn't too smart , any type of guitars will get loaded down by the direct connection to the 386 . Not even Ruby style JFET buffer .
Crank the Gain Pot and the Volume Pot and something's gonna turn VERY muddy  :icon_mrgreen:
Why would anyone want to mix wet and dry signals plus not use the 386 built in gain control ?
Hiatus

earthtonesaudio

nexekho

So wait, he's running a 386 off the output pin of a 555.  What kind of power draw does a 386 have?  Is it healthy to toggle most ICs using their power pins?
I made the transistor angry.

Gurner

Quote from: nexekho on December 29, 2011, 04:09:51 PM
So wait, he's running a 386 off the output pin of a 555.  What kind of power draw does a 386 have?  Is it healthy to toggle most ICs using their power pins?

The main draw will depend on the load.....not a great implementation....everytime the lm386 is switch on, it's output will need to bias up to 1/2 VCC....so I can't imagine the result is going to be graceful.

If you want to go this way far better to use an audio IC that has a specific mute pin (I really wish the DIY pedal community could break their love affair with LM386's!)....then the out output stays biased up, and the 555 won't get stressed with the current draw.

DavenPaget

Quote from: earthtonesaudio on December 29, 2011, 03:46:23 PM
LOL, hurts to look at.
I thought it was promising then i noticed it's ... bleeding my eyes to look at it .
Probably ear-bleeding to listen to at the same time .  :icon_mrgreen:
Hiatus

DavenPaget

Quote from: Gurner on December 29, 2011, 04:38:18 PM
Quote from: nexekho on December 29, 2011, 04:09:51 PM

The main draw will depend on the load.....not a great implementation....everytime the lm386 is switch on, it's output will need to bias up to 1/2 VCC....so I can't imagine the result is going to be graceful.

If you want to go this way far better to use an audio IC that has a specific mute pin (I really wish the DIY pedal community could break their love affair with LM386's!)....then the out output stays biased up, and the 555 won't get stressed with the current draw.
That's why i said it's a horrible implementation . I bet someone misinterpreted Tim's uglyface .
Hiatus