Tonebender Mk-lll problems

Started by polifemo, January 03, 2012, 12:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polifemo

Those voltage readings were emailed to my by a person that just had built the same kit.

The cause of all my problems seem to be a faulty diode and maybe the transistor in Q3 is bad as well.
I´m having new parts being sent to me from UK-electronic, that has been very helpful in all this.

I have not tried to wire it "positive ground" as the whole idea with this build was to have a fuzz that could use the same power supply as my other pedals.

Ps The kit can be found here: http://uk-electronic.de/onlineshop/product_info.php/cPath/105_193/products_id/1289?osCsid=c6d868b42b2557d63ac54f1526cec61d Ds

LucifersTrip

Quote from: polifemo on January 08, 2012, 02:30:12 AM

The cause of all my problems seem to be a faulty diode and maybe the transistor in Q3 is bad as well.

sounds cool...let us know how it turns out...

I have not tried to wire it "positive ground" as the whole idea with this build was to have a fuzz that could use the same power supply as my other pedals.

it was only a suggestion to see if you'd get different/better results, not as a permanent solution. if you search this forum you will find many problems when builders try to make a pos gnd circuit neg gnd

good luck
always think outside the box

polifemo

I´ll report back, but it´ll be about one week before the new components arrive.

Thanks for your help!