Help with Banika's DIY Layout Creator

Started by soupbone, January 05, 2012, 03:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soupbone

I'm sort of getting the hang of Banika's DIY Layout Creator.One problem I'm having though is saving the layout once I've created it.I tried to save it in a folder,but i can't open the file.I've tried every program i have and none them will open it.Help! :icon_biggrin:

DavenPaget

Quote from: soupbone on January 05, 2012, 03:23:11 PM
I'm sort of getting the hang of Banika's DIY Layout Creator.One problem I'm having though is saving the layout once I've created it.I tried to save it in a folder,but i can't open the file.I've tried every program i have and none them will open it.Help! :icon_biggrin:
Open it IN the program , open DIYLC first .
Hiatus

CynicalMan

If you want it as a format that other programs can open, use File/Export to PDF or File/Export to PNG. Saving it makes a .diy file which can only be opened by diylc.

soupbone

Quote from: CynicalMan on January 05, 2012, 03:27:51 PM
If you want it as a format that other programs can open, use File/Export to PDF or File/Export to PNG. Saving it makes a .diy file which can only be opened by diylc.
I finally figured out how to save the file,but when it opens,It opens the whole diylc program.Is there some way to save just the layout?

DavenPaget

Quote from: soupbone on January 06, 2012, 06:32:41 AM
I finally figured out how to save the file,but when it opens,It opens the whole diylc program.Is there some way to save just the layout?
Hiatus

Zipslack

I'm not completely sure I understand what you are asking for, but it sounds like you want to do just the parts layout or just the PCB traces.  Either way, turn off the layers you don't need and then export the image. 

soupbone

Quote from: DavenPaget on January 06, 2012, 06:55:34 AM
Quote from: soupbone on January 06, 2012, 06:32:41 AM

Ahh..I see.Cool!Thanks Daven

deadastronaut

@soup:..in version 3 you can export it as a pdf layout, and a pcb/traces layout....sized correctly too...

cool stuff...... 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

artifus

and there's always the print screen key which copies an image of what is on your screen to the clipboard that can then be pasted into the image editor of your choice.

soupbone

Quote from: deadastronaut on January 07, 2012, 05:50:28 PM
@soup:..in version 3 you can export it as a pdf layout, and a pcb/traces layout....sized correctly too...

cool stuff...... 8)
Thanks man!

soupbone

Quote from: artifus on January 07, 2012, 06:28:26 PM
and there's always the print screen key which copies an image of what is on your screen to the clipboard that can then be pasted into the image editor of your choice.
I'll check that out too.Thanks!