Guvnor PCB Layout

Started by Perkla, January 06, 2012, 05:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Perkla

I have been thinking if there is anyone that have a different PCB layout for the Guvnor than the one that is avalible on GGG ? I would like to have a better clean look of the PCB and better organized as well.. anyone know anything about it ?

Perkla

Maybe i have to create my own PCB layout.. :D

Ice-9

I made one quite a while ago, but it has the jacks and 3pdt all on the pcb, maybe if you wanted to use it you could alter it and remove the jacks and bypass footswitch.
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

Perkla

Sure.. i would like to have a look at the both verisons.. :D  would be cool to see :D

J0K3RX

Doesn't matter what you did to get it... If it sounds good, then it is good!

Perkla

Quote from: J0K3RX on January 06, 2012, 08:21:26 PM
http://www.tonepad.com/getFile.asp?id=108

Yes i have seen that one.. but it does not have a clipping switch and i dont like that. Clipping is good i think.. i like it alot.

J0K3RX

If you are wanting to create your own board layout you can very easily add a clipping switch to that layout... if you use a rotary switch you could choose from many different clipping options and just leave out D1 and D2 and attach it to the two pads for D2... You could have possibly 10 different clipping options using different diode combinations...

Perkla

Thats cool.. but i only would like to have one clipping switch, i am not very good at schematics and stuff like that so.. i dont know where to put the clipping option on the tonepad Guvnor PCB layout.

arma61

Hi

I should have a PCB, based on Tonepad layout, with clipping switch "on board", it's quite "raw" but IIRC it's working, it should be about 8x5cm, let'e me dig it out form the HD and I'll post it in a while.

Ciao
Armando
"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

Perkla

Quote from: arma61 on January 07, 2012, 09:35:02 AM
Hi

I should have a PCB, based on Tonepad layout, with clipping switch "on board", it's quite "raw" but IIRC it's working, it should be about 8x5cm, let'e me dig it out form the HD and I'll post it in a while.

Ciao
Armando

That would be awesome.. :D

arma61

here you go!

as I said before a little bit raw, but verified and working ;)

http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/diyuser/Arma61/Marshall+Guvnor+D_pcb.html

http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/diyuser/Arma61/Marshall+Guvnor+D_sch.html

those are ExpressPCB and ExpressSCH files you can download and work on them to modify to your needs.

Ciao
"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

Perkla

Quote from: arma61 on January 07, 2012, 11:30:26 AM
here you go!

as I said before a little bit raw, but verified and working ;)

http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/diyuser/Arma61/Marshall+Guvnor+D_pcb.html

http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/diyuser/Arma61/Marshall+Guvnor+D_sch.html

those are ExpressPCB and ExpressSCH files you can download and work on them to modify to your needs.

Ciao

Thanx.. but i cant open those files in Express PCB... :S  i use "Open" and the program does not find the .pcb files... maybe its not .pcb files ?

arma61

you need to click on the above link then, on the new page, you click on "Download file, then you can open them, if you, as I suppose, just right click and save on above link I think you save the html code ;)

let me know.

Ciao

Perkla

Quote from: arma61 on January 07, 2012, 12:00:32 PM
you need to click on the above link then, on the new page, you click on "Download file, then you can open them, if you, as I suppose, just right click and save on above link I think you save the html code ;)

let me know.

Ciao

Yes i clicked on the link and then on "Download File" and saved it to my computer.. but no i cant open it.. are u sure its the program Express PCB and not PCB Express ?

arma61

sure it's ExpressPCB and ExpressSCH files !  ;)

probably they've been saved like this

Marshall Guvnor D_pcb
Marshall Guvnor D_sch

try to save them with a dot instead of the underscore sign or..send me a PM with your email and I'll send them to you privately.

Perkla

Yes.. i renamed the files with a dot and it seems to work now.. :D

Perkla

Quote from: arma61 on January 07, 2012, 12:35:33 PM

Marshall Guvnor D_pcb
Marshall Guvnor D_sch

try to save them with a dot instead of the underscore sign or..send me a PM with your email and I'll send them to you privately.

Do u have a wire diagram for this PCB layout ?  Pretty cool with the clipping option as well :D  must be possible to wire this so that all 4 diodes can be used at the same time ? that will give more gain ?

Perkla

Quote from: Perkla on January 07, 2012, 12:42:29 PM
Quote from: arma61 on January 07, 2012, 12:35:33 PM

Marshall Guvnor D_pcb
Marshall Guvnor D_sch

Do u have a wire diagram for this PCB layout ?  Pretty cool with the clipping option as well :D  must be possible to wire this so that all 4 diodes can be used at the same time ? that will give more gain ?

A partslist would be cool to.. :D

J0K3RX

Perkla - You can copy the BOM from the schematic... In case you don't know how here it is for you. :icon_wink:

C1   0,1uF   
C2   120pF   
C3   0.068uF   
C5   0,01uF   
C6   0.068uF   
C7   10uF   
C8   220pF   
C9   0.22uF   
C10   0.1uF   
C11   0.22uF   
C12   0.01uF   
C13   0.004uF   
C14   470pF   
D1   Red LED   
D2   Red LED   
D3   1N914   
D4   1N914   
DPDT1      

R1   2.2k   
R2   10k   
R3   1M   
R4   47k   
R5   47k   
R6   680k   
R7   1k   
R8   680R   
R9   1.5k   
R10   680R   
R11   100R   
R12   22K   
R13   100   
R16   2M2   

U1   TL072   

Perkla

Thanx ALOT... very good ppl u are .. very helpfull for me and others.. :D

I was thinking if the pads on the PCB layout are to smal to be able to solder ? i tested to print the PCB layout and they are really smal.. maybe will work.. ?