Guvnor PCB Layout

Started by Perkla, January 06, 2012, 05:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Perkla

And i was thinking where the pots should be.. i mean VR1 VR2 etc ?

J0K3RX

BTW - You can add 4 diodes to the top set of diodes instead of just 2...
Doesn't matter what you did to get it... If it sounds good, then it is good!

Perkla

Quote from: J0K3RX on January 07, 2012, 02:35:58 PM
BTW - You can add 4 diodes to the top set of diodes instead of just 2...

Should i add them in series ?

arma61

sorry.. i just gave you what I use to work with... but you can't see my mind!!! :D :D :D

RD is the gain pot - VR1 - RD1 2 and 3 are the pot's lugs -
RB is the bass pot  - VR2
RT is the treble   - VR4
RM is the mid  - VR3
RL is the volume  - VR5

the schem on the .sch file stick to the Tonepad.

about the pads on top, yes they're quite small but never had problems to solder wires to them, just need a little bit of "precision"

is this any better ? : enlarged top pads and added 2 diode on top, 2x DX, as per J0K3RX suggestion!

http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/diyuser/Arma61/Marshall+Guvnor+D2+4+Diode_pcb.html

Ciao

"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

J0K3RX

Here is the pot values if you need them...

RD - B100K - gain
RB - A10K - bass
RM - A10K - mid
RT - A10K - treble
RL - B100K - volume

Perkla

Quote from: arma61 on January 07, 2012, 02:48:36 PM
sorry.. i just gave you what I use to work with... but you can't see my mind!!! :D :D :D

RD is the gain pot - VR1 - RD1 2 and 3 are the pot's lugs -
RB is the bass pot  - VR2
RT is the treble   - VR4
RM is the mid  - VR3
RL is the volume  - VR5

the schem on the .sch file stick to the Tonepad.

about the pads on top, yes they're quite small but never had problems to solder wires to them, just need a little bit of "precision"

is this any better ? : enlarged top pads and added 2 diode on top, 2x DX, as per J0K3RX suggestion!

http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/diyuser/Arma61/Marshall+Guvnor+D2+4+Diode_pcb.html

Ciao

So will there be more gain with those two extra diodes ? i mean i will have a clipping switch that will switch between two and four diodes ?

arma61

#1 I don't have a clue
the only thing I know is that if you switch between 2 silicon diodes and 2 LEDs then you have differece in volume, don't remember which is which though.  ;D  ;D

#2 yes, or between 1 and 3 or 2 and 3 depend on how many diodes you put in, suggest you put sockets on the diodes pads and experiment, also search the forum for clipping switching.... and take a couple of days to digest all info you'll find!!! :D  :D

"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

J0K3RX

Adding more diodes doesn't necessarily mean you are going to get more gain... I haven't ever built the Govnor so I'm not real sure but if you want more gain you could try a B250K pot for the gain control?

Perkla

Quote from: arma61 on January 07, 2012, 03:01:20 PM
#1 I don't have a clue
the only thing I know is that if you switch between 2 silicon diodes and 2 LEDs then you have differece in volume, don't remember which is which though.  ;D  ;D

#2 yes, or between 1 and 3 or 2 and 3 depend on how many diodes you put in, suggest you put sockets on the diodes pads and experiment, also search the forum for clipping switching.... and take a couple of days to digest all info you'll find!!! :D  :D

I will put in LED´s in D1 and D2 and 1N914 in D3 and D4.. and even in the two extra, and see what happens.. :D i have a great clipping function in my Guvnor i built last year... i will try something similar to that.

No i use 500k in my Guvnor i am using now.. i started with a 100k and then i had a 250k and now 500k and it sound AWESOME:. hahaha 

diegohino

Quote from: Ice-9 on January 06, 2012, 06:53:14 PM
I made one quite a while ago, but it has the jacks and 3pdt all on the pcb, maybe if you wanted to use it you could alter it and remove the jacks and bypass footswitch.

Sorry, do you still have you own version of this pedal with the Jack's and the switch on the pcb?  Thanks.

Ice-9

Quote from: diegohino on August 16, 2016, 05:53:41 AM
Quote from: Ice-9 on January 06, 2012, 06:53:14 PM
I made one quite a while ago, but it has the jacks and 3pdt all on the pcb, maybe if you wanted to use it you could alter it and remove the jacks and bypass footswitch.

Sorry, do you still have you own version of this pedal with the Jack's and the switch on the pcb?  Thanks.

I should hve the pcb on one of my hard drives somewhere, I will see if I can dig it out. You will need Diptrace to view and print the pcb for etching as that will be the format the file is in.
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.