Adding modifiers to a circuit

Started by stoopkid, February 02, 2012, 06:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stoopkid

I've got this sonic distortion schematic set up on a breadboard, and before I start on a PCB for it, I was wondering if there are any simple modifiers that could be added to it? I haven't got anything in mind, I'm just wondering if anything there could be adjustable to add a bit more dimension. Any info on that subject would be great.

Thanks

LucifersTrip

Quote from: stoopkid on February 02, 2012, 06:33:03 PM
I've got this sonic distortion schematic set up on a breadboard, and before I start on a PCB for it, I was wondering if there are any simple modifiers that could be added to it? I haven't got anything in mind, I'm just wondering if anything there could be adjustable to add a bit more dimension. Any info on that subject would be great.

Thanks

Almost EVERY resistor & cap could be altered to give you a different sound. When I first started, I subbed a pot for each resistor, one at a time just to see what would happen. That is the fun of DIY!

After a while, you'll see similar patterns in future builds and will have a good guess as to what will happen. A good start would be altering the resistors on the transistor lugs. Try putting a 50K pot on the emitter instead of the 10K...Try changing the input/output caps.

good luck
always think outside the box