Help! Need Help with TL072 Weirdness!!!

Started by Paul Marossy, February 09, 2012, 10:21:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

m4j0rbumm3r

I replaced the TL072 in my Morley wah and this solved my loud hiss problem. I guess the fresh TL072 stabilizes after a discontinuity, whereas the old one went haywire.
As I soldered in a dip8 socket, I might still try a supposedly better op amp type than the TL072 and see what that does. Swapping them in and out will be simple now. I might give the OPA2134 a shot. Before I was thinking of the NE5332 but I found out its lower input impedance makes it less suitable to be the first thing after the guitar.
Circular logic is best, because it's circular.

Paul Marossy

Quote from: m4j0rbumm3r on May 24, 2012, 06:14:08 AM
I replaced the TL072 in my Morley wah and this solved my loud hiss problem. I guess the fresh TL072 stabilizes after a discontinuity, whereas the old one went haywire.

Weird. I guess it's possible that the opamp was damaged, but still functional. Interesting!

That seemed to be a real stab in the dark, but indeed it fixed the problem. Never say never I guess.  :icon_confused:

R.G.

R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.