73' Rams head Muff Layout discrepancy.

Started by illuminatiNPS, July 30, 2015, 09:22:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

illuminatiNPS

Hey I am going over a 73 rams head layout and noticed when compared to the schematic, The 150nf cap and 10k resistor comes from Sustain 2 to Q2 base is flipped. Would that make any change in sound??? Was it a mistake on the layout part??

Thanks for the help guys

R.G.

Quote from: illuminatiNPS on July 30, 2015, 09:22:32 AM
Hey I am going over a 73 rams head layout and noticed when compared to the schematic, The 150nf cap and 10k resistor comes from Sustain 2 to Q2 base is flipped. Would that make any change in sound???
It makes no difference whatsoever. Any R-L-C series combination can be placed in any order and it makes no difference to the voltages and currents **at the ends of the string**. So long as you don't rely on the voltages in the middle or add/subtract current from the middle nodes, any order at all is fine.

QuoteWas it a mistake on the layout part??
Not in the sense of making it work differently/incorrectly. In fact, given the above, it's hard to say what "correct" is.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

illuminatiNPS

Thanks rg. My mistake I put 10k when I meant 7k5. Either way, that is the only thing I noticed that was different when comparing