tonepad Small Clone:can I use MN3207 instead of MN3007?

Started by Steben, December 06, 2005, 10:45:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stm

Quote from: A.S.P. on December 07, 2005, 12:16:01 PM
time to re-name that gadget to: MINI-CLONE

or: " Pico - Copicolono "

Here in Chile "pico" is the slang for penis... So this effect name would then read as "cloned dick"...  Ok, I'll take my hat and coat and leave...  :icon_redface:  ...but wait! the Swollen Pickle is out there!...  Ok, I'm leaving, just couldn't help it!  :-X

A.S.P.

OK - let`s make it: " Piccolo Copico "
(just to keep it italian-sounding)

[i wonder, why "p*co" isn`t named: "gr*ndo" in chilenish  :icon_smile:]
Analogue Signal Processing

luix

AHAHAHAAH :D :D :D :D

Italian sounding eh!?!? 
You can call it clonetto or coretto or piccoletto.....

Steben

Quote from: Mark Hammer on December 07, 2005, 12:22:50 PM
On the other hand, if radio keeps going the way it does, you may well HAVE to come to places like this to even hear any guitar! :icon_eek:

Oh, no, they've got Canada too I see!

Luckily for me (and others) there is this nice dutch radiostation "Arrow" that pumps out classic rock 24/24. The jingle has this nice words in it: "...and surely no hiphop and R&B: than you simply listen to Arrow!"
  • SUPPORTER
Rules apply only for those who are not allowed to break them

Fp-www.Tonepad.com

Let's try to keep on topic, is anybody going to try the mods on the small clone based on the italian chorus schematic?

Fp
www.tonepad.com : Effect PCB Layout artwork classics and originals : www.tonepad.com

PenPen

Quote from: Fp-www.Tonepad.com on December 08, 2005, 11:26:11 AM
Let's try to keep on topic, is anybody going to try the mods on the small clone based on the italian chorus schematic?

Fp

Well, I intend to, but it will be a while until I can. Still dont' have a workspace set up, and that will be in the garage, where half of our stuff is, still packed in boxes, so until I can get everything out I'm out of building for a while. BUT, once I am able to, it will be the one of the three projects I'm going to start up.

luix

Hi guys, can you remember this post?

Finally I've recorded some sample of the chorus with MN3207 here they are:

CLEAN GUITAR

CHORUS 1

CHORUS 2

CHORUS 3

The sample was registered with a CD player, as you can hear there is some noise that I don't know if is for the non shielded cable I used or for the bad audio card ( PCI sond blaster 128) or for the sample...

I will try the chorus on a guitar amp and let you know how sound...

Always sorry for my bad English ::)

Fp-www.Tonepad.com

www.tonepad.com : Effect PCB Layout artwork classics and originals : www.tonepad.com

alex frias

I built this chorus very recently and found it an excelent project.
I saw some similarities with the EH SmallClone, another great chorus in my opinion.
I used a DP3T switch to toggle thru trhee different caps (27pF, 100pF & 470pF) regarding delay time ranges. It makes it a bit more close to EH POLY- XXXX stuff, with very weird pitc shifts or a subtle phasing aproximation. I think about to adapt a feedback stage inspired by som flanger project I saw recently that uses an OpAmp to regultate the feeding back signal.
I used a bit lower cut frequency on the BBD filters. Just a bit, but made the sound more rounded, darker.
I  would like to do some kind of MOD to switch between two ranges of RATE, aproaching a Ring Modulator texture.
It's undoubtably in my pedalboard and congratulations to the Luix himself, his site seems out of work for now...
Pagan and happy!

alex frias

Pagan and happy!

metalstar1993@gmail.com

after more than 13 years I decided to revive this thread.  I got the layout from a friend.  I've built it and it worked. But, there are some things you should look carefully.
- the location of the jumper,
- the BBD IC to be used,
- the orientation of the diode,
- the type of transistor used for each IC.
I hope this helps.  thank you.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aucIgS_qavIfbb_fycI8uBoIYKGQ70nx/view?usp=drivesdk