DC jack for 1 Spot

Started by chi_boy, February 27, 2012, 01:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chi_boy

I have been using these DC jacks for all of my projects:

http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=163-4302-Evirtualkey11180000virtualkey163-4302-E

The DC connectors for my 1 spot don't fully seat in in the jack, so there is a small ring of exposed contact visible.   

I need to order some jacks and thought I would get something that would allow the plugs to fully seat.   I looked, but I don't see anything exactly the same with a deeper socket.

Would anyone happen to have a good part number for a DC jack for a longer plug? 
"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people." — Admiral Hyman G. Rickover - 1900-1986

The Leftover PCB Page

Mark Hammer

Having some exposed plug shaft is not that much of a problem.  Having insufficient insertion depth to nudge aside the spring contact that disables the battery and reverts to external power IS a problem.

What you have me wondering about, now is whether there is any substantive difference between a 2.1mm pin and 2mm (which the Kobiconn datasheet says it is spec'd for).  If the insertion depth is short, then I would imagine pin-diameter differences start to matter more.