My DIY TS808 starts to acting strange

Started by SweMe, February 23, 2012, 01:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SweMe

Hi everyone!

Just build a ts808 kit from musikding.de for a friend and it sounded great and had no problems in the beginning.

But now he called me and said that it had started to act strange.

It started to sound very weak so he took out the battery and used a powersupply instead.

But now it only passes a very weak signal when the gain is all the way down and when he turns the gain up he got no signal at all.

It has also started to pop very loud when he turns the pedal on and off through the amp.

I do also have some trouble with a SHO booster clone (also from musikding.de) that pops through the amp and it pops more when the gainpot is on the minimum and max.

I will get the pedals tomorrow and can take a closer look to them. But if you have any ideas about what it can be I would be very thankfull!

DavenPaget

I can note a JFET problem with the BOSS .
As for the SHO ,
well , if you know , everything that makes noise gets amplified so if a pop happened before the mosfet , it's just gonna get louder .
Hiatus

SweMe

But they are booth true bypass..

So there shouldn't be any amplification on the noise when turning it on and off..

Don't know about BOSS.. but the ts808 started to make troubles later.

So I'm thinking if the battery went dead and his powersupply is bad.
Or if he managed to break a cable when messing with the battery-change.

It didn't feel like the supplied cables was very good.. so I think that might be the reason.

And also the booster..

I think that I'm goint to replace all the cables with better one inside the pedal...

I'm not an expert. And I'm quite new to this..