stereo loop switcher

Started by bradberry00, February 21, 2012, 08:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bradberry00

Hello,

Hopefully someone can lead me to a layout of what I need for my rig.

What i want is a single input box (one guitar) that will split my signal to two amps. but, will also allow me to, with the push of a single footswitch, turn on a separate effects loop for each amp at the same time. Basically I want it to turn on my distortion but i have a different distortion for both amps.

understandable??

thanks in advance,
-david

petemoore

Not as understandable as a block diagram or a schematic would be...
   But yeap, drawing it out [or finding a drawing that matches your needs] should be pretty easy.
  Figure you'll need to split the signal [buffer suggestion here] which is super weak to start with.
   Then if you want external effects for A/ and B you'll need to use jacks or something to connect to the outside Efx, from the outside efx, this generates the need for many jacks in a box.
   The returns might be in phase, pay attention to phase since it sounds like 2 amps'll be ampin' on this one.
   The returns could feasably go right to each amp and save on jacks/plugs/#of connections per output, but you might want total noise cancelling...perhaps a gnd.d input on your distorter bypass'd be enough to...
   Whatever routing scenarios I envisioned became more clear and easier to analyze/scrutinize when...
   Drawn out and thought through a 'large number' of times, perhaps some 'extra unneeded's' can be left out.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.