Bulk resistors - This seems DAM cheap!

Started by chromesphere, February 23, 2012, 06:03:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chromesphere

Hi all,

Posted this on "another" forum, thought you guys might like this:

Futurlec are my price benchmark for common parts.  They are quite often the cheapest.  I stumbled upon this on ebay, and it seems insnely cheap.  metal film resistors from futurlec are 10 for 20c, these ones are 300 for 1 dollar DELIVERED!  Unfortunately they only have 1k / 10k / 100k, but still, we use 10k and 100k pretty often, i'm ordering one of each of those.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1-4W-Metal-Film-Resistors-1K-10K-100Kohm-300PCS-/220839172094?pt=AU_B_I_Electrical_Test_Equipment&hash=item336b0a57fe

I wonder if there are any .1uf films / 10uf electro / 100uf electro cheap in bulk?  I'll post if i find any.

Edit: The 10uf's dont work out cheaper then futurlec.  4c's each from them when you buy 25+ which is pretty cheap.  There are 100uf (50v) electros on ebay for about 7c's each, futurlec is 8c's so only slightly cheaper. Same with wima 100nf, doesnt work out. 

Order my resistors.  That should keep me set for the next 10 years :D

Paul
Pedal Parts Shop                Youtube

DavenPaget

Cheap indeed  :icon_mrgreen:
Oh by the way , tayda's even cheaper .
Hiatus

chromesphere

Unless im missing somethign that doesnt seem to be the case.  Tayda are 1c each.  100 = 1 dollar.  That ebay listing is 300 = 1 dollar, free shipping... Is it 1c for 10?  bulk discounts?  if not, its not cheaper...?

Tayda arent cheaper for those particular resistors it would seem, but they are much cheaper for caps!  1c each for 10uf electros!!  nice!

Paul

DavenPaget

Caps i mean . This seller doesn't ship to nearly the entire earth  :'(
Hiatus

chromesphere

3 resistors for 1c!!  :D 

Oh dam...They have a few areas in the description they dont ship too.

DavenPaget

Quote from: chromesphere on February 23, 2012, 06:50:43 PM
3 resistors for 1c!!  :D 

Oh dam...They have a few areas in the description they dont ship too.
Everything down there is excluded , pretty much the entire earth .
Hiatus

chromesphere

Italy, Russia, Brazil, South Africa is the entire earth? :D

DavenPaget

Quote from: chromesphere on February 23, 2012, 07:40:21 PM
Italy, Russia, Brazil, South Africa is the entire earth? :D

Singapore is .

Excludes: Fiji, Papua New Guinea, Guadeloupe, Marshall Islands, Wallis and Futuna, Gambia, Malaysia, Mayotte, Taiwan, Suriname, Oman, Kenya, United Arab Emirates, Argentina, Middle East, Guinea-Bissau, Togo, Senegal, Armenia, Bhutan, Uzbekistan, Qatar, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), Burundi, Iraq, Equatorial Guinea, Slovenia, Thailand, Aruba, American Samoa, Iceland, Macedonia, Liechtenstein, Israel, Kuwait, Algeria, Benin, Russian Federation, Antigua and Barbuda, Italy, Swaziland, Pakistan, Tanzania, Ukraine, Singapore, Burkina Faso, Panama, Jersey, Kyrgyzstan, Reunion, Djibouti, Puerto Rico, China, Mali, Croatia, Republic of, Botswana, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malta, Tajikistan, Vietnam, Cayman Islands, Paraguay, Saint Helena, Cyprus, Rwanda, Seychelles, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe, Gabon Republic, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Cote d Ivoire (Ivory Coast), Kiribati, Turkmenistan, Grenada, Haiti, Yemen, Greenland, Afghanistan, Montenegro, Africa, Mongolia, Nepal, Bahrain, Bahamas, Asia, Svalbard and Jan Mayen, Dominica, Hungary, Angola, Southeast Asia, Western Samoa, Mozambique, Namibia, Central America and Caribbean, Guatemala, Vatican City State, Solomon Islands, Sierra Leone, Nauru, French Guiana, Anguilla, El Salvador, Guam, Micronesia, Dominican Republic, Cameroon, Guyana, Azerbaijan Republic, Macau, Georgia, Tonga, New Caledonia, San Marino, Eritrea, Morocco, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Mauritania, Belize, Philippines, Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Western Sahara, Congo, Republic of the, French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Comoros, Estonia, Bermuda, Montserrat, Korea, South, Zambia, Somalia, Vanuatu, Albania, Ecuador, Monaco, Guernsey, Ethiopia, Laos, Niger, Venezuela, Ghana, Cape Verde Islands, Moldova, Martinique, Madagascar, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Lebanon, Liberia, Maldives, Bolivia, Gibraltar, Libya, Central African Republic, Lesotho, Nigeria, Saint Lucia, Mauritius, Guinea, Jordan, British Virgin Islands, Turks and Caicos Islands, Chad, Andorra, Romania, Costa Rica, India, Mexico, Kazakhstan, Saudi Arabia, Netherlands Antilles, Japan, Lithuania, Trinidad and Tobago, Palau, Malawi, Nicaragua, Tunisia, Luxembourg, Uganda, Turkey, Barbados, Tuvalu, Jamaica, Latvia, Egypt, Niue, Brunei Darussalam, Honduras, South Africa, Virgin Islands (U.S.)
Hiatus

chromesphere

Oh yeah, i see now.  what the hell...It contradicts itself, cause on the product page it just says "italy, russia, south africa and brazil" but on the shipping details page, it excludes all those you listed...
Anyway.  If you live somewhere that isnt on the planet, order some resistors.  :icon_eek:

bluesdevil

That is a great deal for sure, thanks for sharing. A word of caution, the Tayda metal film resistors I recently purchased did not have the tight 1% tolerance.... they were all over the place from 9k to 10.5k! Can't say these are the same, but I wouldn't expect much different.
The KOA Speer 1% metal films I have all measure practically spot on: 9.99k. If precision isn't really an issue, why not try 'em out.

+1 on those 1 cent 10uf caps from Tayda..... think I'll grab a 100 next time around!
"I like the box caps because when I'm done populating the board it looks like a little city....and I'm the Mayor!" - armdnrdy

chromesphere

And there i was assuming 1% meant 1%  :icon_evil:  I'll test them when i get them and let you know how they measure up.
Paul

DavenPaget

Quote from: bluesdevil on February 23, 2012, 07:59:13 PM
That is a great deal for sure, thanks for sharing. A word of caution, the Tayda metal film resistors I recently purchased did not have the tight 1% tolerance.... they were all over the place from 9k to 10.5k! Can't say these are the same, but I wouldn't expect much different.
The KOA Speer 1% metal films I have all measure practically spot on: 9.99k. If precision isn't really an issue, why not try 'em out.

+1 on those 1 cent 10uf caps from Tayda..... think I'll grab a 100 next time around!

One does not simply trust metal flim resistors from thailand ... I had a kit full of metal film resistors and they were all over the place !
Hiatus

chromesphere

Ive done myself out of 2 bucks :(  lol

I'll let you know how i got with measuring. Prob wont be for a while until they show up though.  I'll try and remember to update the thread

Edit: And if they arent within 1% -> refund :)

DavenPaget

Quote from: chromesphere on February 23, 2012, 08:59:34 PM
Ive done myself out of 2 bucks :(  lol

I'll let you know how i got with measuring. Prob wont be for a while until they show up though.  I'll try and remember to update the thread

Edit: And if they arent within 1% -> refund :)
Yeah ! You should tell them via facebook ... or email .
Just make sure you're using a reliable and not jumpy multimeter so they will believe what you are saying .
Hiatus

darron

Won't it cost a lot more than $3 to post them back?
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

Perrow

Cost nothing to give bad feedback on Ebay, and will most likely get you your money back even threatening about it  ::)
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

chromesphere

Hi Darron,

I've had this come up before (postage back costs more then the item).  In those cases i usually say "postage cost is more than this item, so you have to arrange pick up".  I usually get a response "just keep it". 

Hey look, im not out to get free stuff, but if their advertising 1% tolerances and the values are all over the place, thats not my problem! 

The guy hasnt even sent them yet so it might be a long wait till i can report the values!
Paul

Vince_b

Quote from: DavenPaget on February 23, 2012, 08:42:33 PM
One does not simply trust metal flim resistors from thailand

Sorry I just couldn't resist..

chromesphere

HAHA!!!  That has made my day, thanks vince!!!

mremic01

Quote from: bluesdevil on February 23, 2012, 07:59:13 PM

I've noticed this too. Although Tayda and Futurlec are both pretty inconsistent with what brands they give you. Sometimes I get resistors that are clearly Xicons, sometimes other brands that look well made, and sometimes really chinsy ones. They all work, but then some batches don't have tight tolerances.
Nyt brenhin gwir, gwr y mae reit idaw dywedut 'y brenhin wyf i'.