BSIAB 2 with Contour Knob problem

Started by soupbone, February 24, 2012, 04:39:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soupbone

Howdy Folks!I've been off DIY for a couple of months,because i didn't have a computer :icon_frown:.I did the "contour" mod to my BSIAB 2 from GGG.I was reading this mod by Buck Sears; http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=85183.0  He talks about clipping the .0022 caps.I did that,and I'm getting nothing from the pedal at all now.Any suggestions?The pedal worked fine before.I'm just wondering maybe if the added resistor and pot maybe is connected to those caps?Should i put the caps back in,and see if it starts up?

petemoore

Something's not right so debugging is the process by which elimination of possibilities narrows down the possible trouble spots to the actual miswire or other.
   Audio probe is suggested in this case.
  It could be that the signal is getting loaded down or a mistrace connects it's path to ground...
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

PRR

> clipping the .0022 caps

Which ones?

I wonder if you clipped some 0.022u caps.
  • SUPPORTER

gregwbush

I'm familiar with this box... clipping the caps won't stop signal. They go to ground. Passively removing trebly sound. With them switched out or clipped you get more signal output.

I reckon, guess, that your contour pot is @#$%ed or wired wrong. One broken link in the eq section , could be tone pot or anything, really, in the eq section will stop signal getting through.

That's where i'd be looking anyway... coz unless you clipped half the $h!t off the circuit board while removing those caps...you'd have full output... extra trebly. I should say, less treble range attenuation.

OT posting from phone on here is loopy. Guess i am tooo
But dude. Not the diode removal

soupbone

Quote from: PRR on February 24, 2012, 01:41:29 PM
> clipping the .0022 caps

Which ones?

I wonder if you clipped some 0.022u caps.
No,I clipped the .0022uf caps.I'm stumped

soupbone

Quote from: gregwbush on February 24, 2012, 01:56:08 PM
I'm familiar with this box... clipping the caps won't stop signal. They go to ground. Passively removing trebly sound. With them switched out or clipped you get more signal output.

I reckon, guess, that your contour pot is @#$%ed or wired wrong. One broken link in the eq section , could be tone pot or anything, really, in the eq section will stop signal getting through.

That's where i'd be looking anyway... coz unless you clipped half the $h!t off the circuit board while removing those caps...you'd have full output... extra trebly. I should say, less treble range attenuation.

OT posting from phone on here is loopy. Guess i am tooo
But dude. Not the diode removal

Yep,You were right Greg.There was 1 wire that had come off of the drive pot that i couldn't see because all of the wires.Thanks! ;D