|HOME| |DIY FAQ| |GEO FAQ| |Debugging Page| |Links| |Schematics| |Wiki| |Layouts Gallery| |STORE|

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2015, 07:04:07 AM
993974 Posts in 105378 Topics by 34419 Members
Latest Member: Ryan Rodgers
Home Help Login Register
DIYstompboxes.com  |  DIY Stompboxes  |  Building your own stompbox  |  Where can I find these? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where can I find these?  (Read 865 times)
Posts: 485

Where can I find these?
« on: February 27, 2012, 05:29:24 PM »

Looking for terminal posts like these, possibly bigger for some simple handwired circuits.  i see smallbear has snap in ones, are these similar/would they work?

Posts: 6742

Paul R. - Maine USA

Re: Where can I find these?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 11:54:07 PM »

Just to solder to?

I usually put two holes in the board, bend scrap wire in a U, solder to the two holes. Then fly-wires can be soldered and re-re-soldered to the top of the U.
Mike Burgundy
Posts: 1720

Re: Where can I find these?
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 02:15:51 PM »

Or you could nick an idea from old VOX organs and just use nails. drop the nail sharp end first through the hole, and use the head a s a stop/solder platform to the board. Make sure the pad is twice as big as the nail head. If you use square nails, they grip wrap-around wire really well.
Seriously, they really did this, and it worked just fine (although the Continentals I know up close do tend to be a bit...temperamental on tour ;P )
Posts: 635

Sean Harris Ottawa, Canada

Re: Where can I find these?
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 07:55:10 PM »


That might work....just snap them off...

Pedals Built- Morley ABC Box, Fultone A/B Box, DIY Stompboxes True Bypass box, GGG Drop in Wah, AMZ Mosfet Boost, ROG Flipster, ROG Tonemender, Tonepad Big Muff Pi.
On the bench:  Rebote 2.5,  Dr Boogie, TS808
Posts: 1178

Super Evil Genius

Re: Where can I find these?
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 09:19:39 PM »

Keystone: http://www.keyelco.com/products/sprod14.asp?CategoryID=12
These are used alot in the amp world, but I use some similar small ones that I picked up at a surplus store for PCB work. 

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: