Where can I find these?

Started by Seven64, February 27, 2012, 06:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seven64

Looking for terminal posts like these, possibly bigger for some simple handwired circuits.  i see smallbear has snap in ones, are these similar/would they work?

PRR

Just to solder to?

I usually put two holes in the board, bend scrap wire in a U, solder to the two holes. Then fly-wires can be soldered and re-re-soldered to the top of the U.
  • SUPPORTER

Mike Burgundy

Or you could nick an idea from old VOX organs and just use nails. drop the nail sharp end first through the hole, and use the head a s a stop/solder platform to the board. Make sure the pad is twice as big as the nail head. If you use square nails, they grip wrap-around wire really well.
Seriously, they really did this, and it worked just fine (although the Continentals I know up close do tend to be a bit...temperamental on tour ;P )

boogietube

Pedals Built- Morley ABC Box, Fultone A/B Box, DIY Stompboxes True Bypass box, GGG Drop in Wah, AMZ Mosfet Boost, ROG Flipster, ROG Tonemender, Tonepad Big Muff Pi.
On the bench:  Rebote 2.5,  Dr Boogie, TS808

defaced

Keystone: http://www.keyelco.com/products/sprod14.asp?CategoryID=12
These are used alot in the amp world, but I use some similar small ones that I picked up at a surplus store for PCB work. 
-Mike