Help Needed Finishing a Feedback Loop

Started by vierphoria, February 16, 2012, 07:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vierphoria

I need help, ASAP. Please.

I built this feedback loop:
http://remmelt.com/electro/media/switch_schem_400.png
and it works like a charm (after som tweaking; of course I made a mistake in wiring...)

However, I've no fricking idea as to HOW i should connect the LED and DC-jack.
I think I understand that they should go somewhere on the empty line of lugs, but... yeah.

Please help me.

Thanks.

rousejeremy

Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

vierphoria

Quote from: rousejeremy on February 16, 2012, 08:19:41 PM
http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/tech-pages/51-switching-and-wiring/33-many-bypass-switching-options

Thanks.

But still... No dice. :/

The one you posted goes with a circuitboard, since I don't use one in this pedal, where should everything be connected?

Sorry for being a beginner, but every diagram and wiring schematic is different from one another. I only use a 3PDT, four jacks and a 500k pot. Most other feedback loops uses a switch after the pot and goes with battery as power... I dont want to use a battery (or do I?) but rather a DC jack.

artifus

vierphoria

I'm very grateful for the links you guys have given me!

At last, this was the schematic I followed:

For all newbs out there, the wavy red bit is a resistor (you can more or less choose any value, but I would for a 500k) and where the same line is broken, there is a regular on/off switch (which is optional).

For the LED, I followed the example which is posted above this.

Will post pictures if there is any interest.

Again -- thanks!

ashcat_lt

You could also open up the pot and cut the track at the "high end" (away from the switch in the above) and then you don't need the switch.  Turn the feedback all the way down and it's completely off.

RandomGlitch

that's a really cool idea ashcat.  do you just use a craft knife or something?

ashcat_lt

I do, yes.  I've heard others say to gently scrape away the track, if you put a meter across the pot you can watch the resistance change.  I, OTOH, just give it a quick slice and it's done.  Never had a problem.

You could actually buy a "no load" pot, but they're pretty expensive by comparison, come in limited values, and besides this is a DIY forum, right?