Line 6 DL4 has power but no sound?

Started by sylverdrum, March 02, 2012, 09:10:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sylverdrum

I've got a Line 6 DL4 that is having some issues. One day the effected signal stopped working. I get signal when bypassed, and the LEDs light up when I hit the switch but no sound. I tried the master reset a few times. It works for about 10 minutes, then the effected signal stops working again. I believe I've troubleshot the power section, and everything seems to be getting the proper voltage both when the pedal is working fine and when the effected signal stops working. But what would cause the signal to work for ten minutes and then stop?

R.G.

Quote from: sylverdrum on March 02, 2012, 09:10:09 PM
But what would cause the signal to work for ten minutes and then stop?
Time delayed failures are nearly always something heating up and then stopping working because it's too hot, or something charging up a capacitor to where it's not supposed to go.

Unfortunately, neither of those is much help to you right now. You could try letting it work for a while, then feeling all the parts to see if you can find a hot one, or replacing all the electrolytic caps. Without a whole lot more technical detail, it's hard to get beyond that.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

beedoola

I'm having this same issue.

I got a Dl-4 yesterday in a trade and it worked fine yesterday and today and then suddenly stopped producing sound when the effect was engaged. Any ideas?

Bypass signal (in true-bypass mode) works but nothing happens when the effect is engaged.

Kevin Mitchell

Last week I was having an issue with mine as well. Not the same issue though but lately I've been reading allot of complaints regarding power problems.

I had mine powered with a 12V unregulated power supply as it should be and one day it just wasn't working right. I'd engage the effect-any effect and it would click on then click off immediately. Clean bypass was not an issue though. I threw in some batteries and it worked fine. But a couple days later the FRESH batteries were dead. Plugged it back into the power supply and it works again.

I was very frustrated because this is my most valued (and expensive) pedal on my board. I love the thing so much but I guess they get out of whack. I would check for some blown caps or bad connections but as I said it's working fine again.

Sorry this wasn't helpful but I felt like ranting. Best of luck.

EDIT;
Didn't realize the reply date of the last post. So my issue is very relevant. Do what I did and see what happens.

Start a new topic next time instead of bringing an old one up regarding a different issue.
  • SUPPORTER
This hobby will be the deaf of me