|HOME| |DIY FAQ| |GEO FAQ| |Debugging Page| |Links| |Schematics| |Wiki| |Layouts Gallery| |STORE|
|AMPAGE| |GEOFEX| |AMZ|

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 20, 2014, 09:41:30 PM
971102 Posts in 103551 Topics by 33014 Members
Latest Member: rosshenning
Home Help Login Register
DIYstompboxes.com  |  Projects  |  Beginner Project  |  Another Wiring Question. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Another Wiring Question.  (Read 1535 times)
EffecTed

Another Wiring Question.
« on: March 04, 2012, 03:59:09 PM »

I need a diagram for off board wiring with no switch and no battery. I do want the LED to turn on when the input jack is plugged in.  I have a stereo input jack and a three prong dc jack from smallbear.  Sorry if this has been posted already.  I looked through the threads and found about every other wiring scheme.  I'm trying to fit a buffer into those small Hammond boxes.
Thanks guys.
EffecTed

Re: Another Wiring Question.
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 09:46:22 AM »

Can someone please point me in the right direction.  icon_sad I need to get the kitchen counter cleaned off before my wife throws my parts away. icon_redface
Govmnt_Lacky

I'M ONLY GETTING CLEAN OUTPUT!!!!

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 10:09:20 AM »

Buffer IN ---> Stereo input jack TIP
Buffer OUT ---> Mono output jack TIP
DC Power input ---> Buffer board AND LED cathode (via current limiting resistor)
LED anode ---> Input jack RING
DC jack ground ---> Buffer board AND Input jack Sleeve AND Output jack sleeve (recommend star grouning all these grounds to the DC jack ground)

DONE!  Grin

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of ‘up to and including my life.’
DocAmplify

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 10:11:40 AM »

Can someone please point me in the right direction.  icon_sad I need to get the kitchen counter cleaned off before my wife throws my parts away. icon_redface

Now there's a plea we can all understand.  

Lacky answered while I was typing.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 10:13:20 AM by DocAmplify » Logged
EffecTed

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 01:54:26 PM »

Ok, I see. I wasn't grounding the led to the sleeve.  So we're using the sleeve as a switch just as if it had a battery. Right?  Thanks for the info.  I hope to get this thing completed,  tonight!
Govmnt_Lacky

I'M ONLY GETTING CLEAN OUTPUT!!!!

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 02:09:22 PM »

Ok, I see. I wasn't grounding the led to the sleeve.  So we're using the sleeve as a switch just as if it had a battery. Right?  Thanks for the info.  I hope to get this thing completed,  tonight!

Connect the LED anode to the Input jack RING

This way, with the input jack sleeve grounded... when you insert your mono guitar plug, the sleeve and ring will short together thus grounding the LED  Grin

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of ‘up to and including my life.’
EffecTed

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 02:22:33 PM »

Yes. Ring. That's what I meant. Not sleeve.  Sorry. Got it.  icon_smile
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: