troubleshooting Swollen Pickle

Started by alange5, March 07, 2012, 05:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alange5

Hi all,

I'm trying to troubleshoot a Way Huge Swollen Pickle fuzz.  Hopefully someone here is familiar with these things...  Here's the problem:

When I press the switch, about 1 out of every 10 times, it "misfires". The LED flashes briefly, but the effect is not engaged.  Then, occasionally, the LED will not light up, but the effect IS engaged, and vice versa.  And sometimes, when the effect and LED are both on, it will take a few presses of the switch to get the thing to turn off.

Any Ideas?  I have tried testing with both a battery and a 9v supply.  Initially, I thought it was a bad switch, so I emailed Dunlop support, and (much to their credit) they mailed me a new switch and wiring harness to connect it to the board.  I thought all was well, then this started happening again.

Any help would be much appreciated.

LucifersTrip

intermittent problems are the hardest to solve....since it's many times a bad connection.

I'd probably start by getting transistor voltages when it's working....then check the voltages when it doesn't. You may be able to find the area of failure

good luck
always think outside the box