Beavis Audio gone

Started by Pyr0, March 10, 2012, 08:06:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdansti

This has happened to him before and it took a little while to get it resolved.
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

disto

I hope everything is ok. Has anyone heard anything from dano? Beavis audio is a great site, well used by lots of people.

digitalzombie

Bump. Do we need to send the search parties out?

stallik

There's another thread here - Beavis Audio Down? On which Dano has replied.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

D.C.

Quote from: stallik on June 17, 2015, 02:01:20 PM
There's another thread here - Beavis Audio Down? On which Dano has replied.

I had a little trouble finding the link for a minute. Here's his post.

(It's not against the rules to link to a post in the Members Only section, is it?)

ki4vuo

Hello All,
I know this topic is a little stale, but I finally got around to start building my Noisy Cricket MKII and I can't find the PDF anywhere. I've collected most, if not all the parts over the last year, but time prevented me from messing with it. Now for the life of me, I can't find a copy of NoisyCricketMarkII_RadioShack_Rev2.pdf anywhere on the web. All I see are links to the site that is down (bummer by the way). Dano, or anyone else in the group, can I get a copy of the PDF?

I'd also welcome any suggestions or ideas on getting a little more power out of it. I'd thought about trying to add a second stage to the amp, but without seeing the original PDF I don't even remember the circuit.

Anything is welcomed

--
Jason
KI4VUO {at} G Mail

LightSoundGeometry

I think the noisy cricket is just a simple op amp amplifier  and almost any 386 design is very similar or close enough ..there are literally 100's of youtube videos on the specific amplifier circuit with literally every mod you can imagine

I liked the way dano made his schematics pop with color and nice drawn out pictures of things a noob might need to see clearer ..there are still a lot of good folks out there with great websites.

you should BB up the basic NCMKII and work it from there ..I hate the splat and fizz decay of the 386 which seems to prevail 9 out every 10 chips ..I just threw away about 25 of them in the trash bin lol ..I rather make a common emitter amp using a transistor or fet, but then again a 1/2 watt doesnt do much for me ..I have yet to see a 4x12 cab powered by a NC as claimed lolol

digitalzombie

Quote from: ki4vuo on March 21, 2016, 11:01:09 AM
Hello All,
I know this topic is a little stale, but I finally got around to start building my Noisy Cricket MKII and I can't find the PDF anywhere. I've collected most, if not all the parts over the last year, but time prevented me from messing with it. Now for the life of me, I can't find a copy of NoisyCricketMarkII_RadioShack_Rev2.pdf anywhere on the web. All I see are links to the site that is down (bummer by the way). Dano, or anyone else in the group, can I get a copy of the PDF?

I'd also welcome any suggestions or ideas on getting a little more power out of it. I'd thought about trying to add a second stage to the amp, but without seeing the original PDF I don't even remember the circuit.

Anything is welcomed

--
Jason
KI4VUO {at} G Mail
I don't have the Rev 2 but I have the 1.1. Luckily I saved all the Beavis Board project pdf's literally a week before the site went completely off of Archive.org, which I didn't even know was a possibility. I thought once it was there, it was there forever.
http://i.imgur.com/x4Pbjts.jpg

Why Dano didn't take anyone up on the multiple offers he got for hosting, I'm bewildered by. If someone saved most of the pages they should just host it themselves. It's too important of a resource to let slip into obscurity.

Taylor

archive.org still works for the Beavis Audio site, but you need to go back to the 2014 version of the site.

Here's the PDF I think ki4vuo was looking for:

https://web.archive.org/web/20140705205418/http://beavisaudio.com/Projects/NoisyCricket/DIY/NoisyCricket_Mark2_BuildGuide.pdf

Keeb

Sorry for necroposting like this but it seems Beavisaudio is returning!

http://www.beavisaudio.com/

Elijah-Baley

Sounds like a great news! :D
«There is something even higher than the justice which you have been filled with. There is a human impulse known as mercy, a human act known as forgiveness.»
Elijah Baley in Isaac Asimov's The Cave Of Steel

blackieNYC

It lives!  Yes!  It's just a decomposed hand reaching up from the grave now but Dano has awoken it.
Thank you, sir!
  • SUPPORTER
http://29hourmusicpeople.bandcamp.com/
Tapflo filter, Gator, Magnus Modulus +,Meathead, 4049er,Great Destroyer,Scrambler+, para EQ, Azabache, two-loop mix/blend, Slow Gear, Phase Royal, Escobedo PWM, Uglyface, Jawari,Corruptor,Tri-Vibe,Battery Warmers

vigilante397

Best news I've had all day :)
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

bluebunny

• SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

stallik

Really glad to hear this. Like many on here, my first pedal was from a circuit posted on the Beavis site :)
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein