Stompbox Suppliers

Started by texstrat, March 11, 2012, 05:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

texstrat

I have had great success ordering supplies from both Pedal Parts Plus and Mammoth Electronics. Both have excellent selections, although Mammoth has a few more semiconductors to choose from. But both typically ship the same day and I have parts in hand two days later, Northwest US.

Anyway, if anyone is looking for a good supplier, you cannot go wrong with either one. I am not affiliated with either company.

PianoJane

Never had good luck with Mammoth, it is like hit or miss. Actually more like 75% of the time there is something wrong with an order. My friends have the same problem. The four of have ordered and three times there were problems. Really sad!  :'(

They do correct it after a while but it gets old having to deal with stores that can't get their act together.  ???

hannibal827

With PPP, I've gotten the runaround on some faulty parts--they eventually made it right, after lots of badgering on my part.  Also, their powdercoat colors are sometimes way off with regard to what is pictured on their website--and differences of lighting don't always account for it.  This would be ok if they allowed returns, but they don't, per se--unless, as I said a moment ago, you're willing to go to the mat with them.

I've never had an error in a Mammoth order.  Not once.

Clearly everyone's experience is different.
Pedals built: Pulsar; Uglyface; Slow Gear; Tri-Vibe; Tremulus Lune; Blues Driver; Fender Pro Vibrato; Nyquist Aliaser; Ultra Flanger; Clone Theory; Ibanez FL-301; Echo Base; Electric Mistress (Deluxe); Boss CE-2; Gristleizer; Maestro Filter Sample/Hold.

haveyouseenhim

• SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

Jdansti

I've had good success with Tayda, Mouser, Digikey, Newark, Small Bear, Tubes-Store.com, and Aron's Store. I haven't ordered from Mammoth or PPP yet.
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

hannibal827

Quote from: haveyouseenhim on September 30, 2012, 10:12:38 PM
TAYDA

I've ordered from Thaishine, their US-based affiliate.  It was fine.  Tayda is ok for on-board components, but they don't offer powdercoated enclosures, and their knob selection is terrible.

I get most of my onboard components from Newark--I like knowing that I'm going to get my order in 2 days. 

Small Bear is great, even when they mess up, which is rare.
Pedals built: Pulsar; Uglyface; Slow Gear; Tri-Vibe; Tremulus Lune; Blues Driver; Fender Pro Vibrato; Nyquist Aliaser; Ultra Flanger; Clone Theory; Ibanez FL-301; Echo Base; Electric Mistress (Deluxe); Boss CE-2; Gristleizer; Maestro Filter Sample/Hold.