TS-9 to TS-10 conversion?

Started by soupbone, March 12, 2012, 03:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soupbone

Is it possible to turn a TS-9 into a TS-10?I know there's a couple of parts differnce.Wondering how this might be done,or if it can be done?

Johan

I think the geofex article tehnology of...has a chart neming ther differances. it shoulnt be hard to do
J
DON'T PANIC

mremic01

This should help: http://www.geofex.com/Article_Folders/TStech/tsxtech.htm

"The TS10 is the "sleeper". Available on the used market for as low as $20 in working order, it differs from the TS9 In only a few ways:

- extra 220 ohm resistor in series with the (+) input of the clipping amp
- extra emitter follower in series from the input buffer amp to the JFET switch for the bypassed condition
- Different bias voltage for the input buffer transistor. "
Nyt brenhin gwir, gwr y mae reit idaw dywedut 'y brenhin wyf i'.

soupbone

soupbone

Quote from: mremic01 on March 12, 2012, 03:25:52 PM
This should help: http://www.geofex.com/Article_Folders/TStech/tsxtech.htm

"The TS10 is the "sleeper". Available on the used market for as low as $20 in working order, it differs from the TS9 In only a few ways:

- extra 220 ohm resistor in series with the (+) input of the clipping amp
- extra emitter follower in series from the input buffer amp to the JFET switch for the bypassed condition
- Different bias voltage for the input buffer transistor. "
I've seen this article.Great article!One question i have though;If I'm not mistaken,R.G. is mainly taking about coverting a ts-10 to a ts-9 or 808.(i think?)I see the difference in the 3,but how would you put this info(ts-10) into the ts-9 circuit?Would you have to build a smaller board to house the parts?I'm a little unsure of how it could be done.

soupbone

zombiwoof

Just curious, why do you want to do this?.  It seems that most people are interested in doing just the opposite (modding a TS-10 to TS-9 specs)?.
Al

Johan

10 years ago, just when people paid crazy monney for ts's, I had one of each 9,10,808 and sold the 9 and 808 so I guess I know why you want to do this. but, it took a double blind test to decide wich one I liked most and the differance between the 9 and 10 was really, really small.....if you sit in your bedroom listening for details, OK. if you play with others, you'll never hear the differance and its not worth the trouble...
if you still want to, lift the leg on the cap going into the first opamp stage and insert a 220 Ohm resistor...you're done...
J
DON'T PANIC

soupbone

Quote from: Johan on March 15, 2012, 01:46:20 PM
10 years ago, just when people paid crazy monney for ts's,I had one of each 9,10,808 and sold the 9 and 808 so I guess I know why you want to do this. but, it took a double blind test to decide wich one I liked most and the differance between the 9 and 10 was really, really small.....if you sit in your bedroom listening for details, OK. if you play with others, you'll never hear the differance and its not worth the trouble...
if you still want to, lift the leg on the cap going into the first opamp stage and insert a 220 Ohm resistor...you're done...
J
Wow!That easy huh?Awesome!Thanks for the help!

soupbone

Quote from: zombiwoof on March 15, 2012, 01:23:08 PM
Just curious, why do you want to do this?.  It seems that most people are interested in doing just the opposite (modding a TS-10 to TS-9 specs)?.
Al
Mainly because they're hard to find,and i wanted to try it because the ts-10's housing is so poorly made.More experimentation really. :icon_biggrin:

J0K3RX

Quote from: soupbone on March 15, 2012, 03:50:44 PM
10 years ago, just when people paid crazy monney for ts's,I had one of each 9,10,808 and sold the 9 and 808 so I guess I know why you want to do this. but, it took a double blind test to decide wich one I liked most and the differance between the 9 and 10 was really, really small.....if you sit in your bedroom listening for details, OK. if you play with others, you'll never hear the differance and its not worth the trouble...
J

Better yet, put it on a switch and you can have both...
Doesn't matter what you did to get it... If it sounds good, then it is good!

soupbone

Quote from: J0K3RX on March 15, 2012, 11:16:40 PM
Quote from: soupbone on March 15, 2012, 03:50:44 PM
J

Better yet, put it on a switch and you can have both...
That's a great idea Jim!