Tonepad Small Stone Help Needed Please

Started by pakrat, March 16, 2012, 02:58:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chromesphere

So what happened when i pulled out the chip?  Snapped a leg...must have forseen the future.  No big deal, i fix it up.  these photos turned out blurry but you can see a bit of detail.  I'm going to leave it with you now.  Let us know how you go with small bears IC's!
Paul

Pedal Parts Shop                Youtube

pakrat

Oh man, that's what I was afraid of! You took a bullet for me....... Let's wait and see what happens when the smallbear stuff comes. After I get it all sorted, I'll send you a new 3080 for your efforts. There must be different revisions of these, because the markings on mine look different from yours. I've read a lot about this now, and it seems there are a lot of fake or DOA 3080's out there, so I have some hope. Thanks to both of you guys who have taken the time to help me on this. I will post my findings when smallbear arrives.

chromesphere

Hey, thanks for the offer, but its cool its fixed, just soldered a lead onto the broken pin so its all good. 
Anyway, good luck with the small bear IC's my fingers are crossed!
Paul

pakrat

Ok, I just got the new IC's from Smallbear (thanks Steve!), and guess what..... IT WORKS!! All of this caused by bad/fake CA3080's. I would have to say, stay away from ebay for IC's and go to reputable places like Smallbear. The ones I had previously had no dimple in the top indicating pin 1, the new ones do(CA3080AE). I'll check to see if this has been covered already, but if not, I'll post my pics of IC comparisons. If it helps anyone else save a ton of time it will be worth it. Thanks to both of you guys for helping me out, I learned a lot from this one.

Here it is....

chromesphere

Small bear IC's worked...I think its lynch time. :) Awesome man!  Not awesome you got fakes, awesome you got it working.  Build looks cool as!  Love the etch!

Paul

pakrat

Thanks man. I would rather bad IC's over starting this thing over again. Those fakes caused a lot of trouble hah!