stupid pedal tricks : guitarpcb's d lay

Started by pinkjimiphoton, April 02, 2012, 06:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinkjimiphoton

• SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

frank_p

Is that a Godin TC artisan ?
If not it looks like one.

pinkjimiphoton

nah, it's a custom tele i traded off one of my firebirds for a while ago. it's a nice little axe once in a while.

• SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

frank_p

Quote from: pinkjimiphoton on April 02, 2012, 08:06:08 PM
nah, it's a custom tele i traded off one of my firebirds for a while ago. it's a nice little axe once in a while.

Oh sorry...
That sharp recurve on the body really look like a TC artisan.

d lay link...
http://www.mammothelectronics.com/D-Lay-GuitarPCB-com-Pedal-Kit-p/kit-gpcb-dlay.htm

Is that taylor's site ?
http://www.guitarpcb.com

Where did you got the chip that did not work ?

pinkjimiphoton

no worries...it was a warmouth body someone carved like that.

the d'lay is from guitarpcb.com, yes.

the chips i bought from 4 different vendors. two on ebay, smallbear, and tayda.

the 10 i got off each place on ebay were all bad, all locked up. the smallbear and tayda ones were ok, and i only got i think one from each.
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

frank_p

Argh...  Bummer... 
Nice demo as habitual.

Quote from: pinkjimiphoton on April 02, 2012, 08:31:46 PM
no worries...it was a warmouth body someone carved like that.

Oh ! I see. Every guitar has a master...  Somebody did a paint job on my TC.  It has a leopard fur with a UK flag in background.  I am pretty sure that the old owner was a fan or Ron Wood.  I didn't realised at that time.  :icon_lol:

pinkjimiphoton

that's a great story!  :icon_mrgreen:

this guitar was originally being built for my brother mark easton, but he didn't want it or didn't wanna pay that much for it or something...originally was supposed to be a german carved maple top (the back is mahogany) with two singles/one humbucker and a strat style tremolo.

when mark didn't want it, the guy who was building it never really finished it off...and it ended up with another friend, who lusted hard for my black firebird.

so i swapped him the bird and gave him a couple fuzzes for a couple line 6 things (guitarport and micropod) this tele and a curious little mahogany body strat with 2 p90's.

never touch the tele usually, but it was around today so i figured may as well use it. nice playing guitar, but it need new pups...i don't really care for what's in it right now.
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

frank_p

Guitar always need better pickups.  The TC has 3 German tetrad in it (kinda dual blades).  But guys on the net say is no good. I don't know if it's the pickup or the silver maple body but the bass string feel compressed a bit.  A tad like piezo sound....  Anyways I am getting OT and sleep deprived.  See ya.

deadastronaut

cool demo as always man....

i got lucky i bought 10 pt's off ebay and they all worked...yay!!!!... :icon_cool:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

pinkjimiphoton

all the ones i got on ebay had issues, rob. they all work, but some motorboat, some lock up, some make great echoes but wobble to the point of being useless!!

but here's the thing...all of them may work fine in one project, and not another. heck, pull one out, put it back in the same pedal and sometimes they have issues!

weird! no QC i guess!
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

petey twofinger

when they lock up does that occur while you are using it , while it is running ?

i have noticed when i hack a circuit that has a 2399 chip (karoake amp or hanna montanna guitar) if you turn the unit on while the delay time is set to a long delay it will pass audio but you don't get any echo .

but i am guessing the lock up you describe is a different issue related to a "bad" chip . at least they threw one good chip in on the ebay order you got , that stinks !

i think i may end up ordering the echobase pcb with the lfo , i have a few more Hanna Montana guitars here i might try and hack a vocal delay out of one of em . those things are popping up at resale store quite a bit lately . i got 5 , all under $3 a piece . put 2 mic jacks on it , one with a fuzz for a cb mic input .

cool demo , i enjoy all your vids , keep up the good work man .
im learning , we'll thats what i keep telling myself

pinkjimiphoton

hi pete,

sometimes they lock up on power up, sometimes when you kick the effect in...usually it makes a weird brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPP!!! ascending noise...once in a while they work. they ALL work in this circuit except one, which freaks out...but some motorboat enough to be unusable.

weird!!!!

got your pm's...bear with me bro, inundated and sick as a dog with like, ZERO motivation...
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

Ice-9

Liked the vid, you describe everything well and do a great demo. Thanks
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

petey twofinger

no sweat man ...

get well soon .

that shit wouldn't help with yer recovery anyway

i am just amazed at how many videos you can crank out ! not to mention building all the dang things . i keep thinking i am gonna see some of the phantasm dwarves in the background of your next video . jimi's lil helpers  :icon_twisted:

these herniated disks have been holding me back , so i have a pretty good excuse 24 / 7 , but the down time kills me . i am much happier all the way around when i can accomplish SOMEthing . so this site has helped a lot with that , but i digress or whatever . at least the weather broke , perfect time to get pneumonia .  ;)
im learning , we'll thats what i keep telling myself

pinkjimiphoton

i feel the back, bro....broke mine in 89. still afu

pneumonia weather....hear that too!!!!!

yah, i'm pretty hopelessly addicted to this stuff, i got nothing else to do. ;)
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr